Too late?

I haven't kept a close eye on the Logan market for a while but I was keen on the area a few years ago.

I had a quick look at property prices a few days ago and there doesn't seem to be a shift upwards in prices since I looked into the area. If anything, it looks like prices have come down marginally.

Others that have been keeping a closer eye on the Logan area might see things differently.

Cheers

Jamie

Id tend to agree with your observation that prices have come down marginally. Not down anywhere near to the extent that the Gold Coast market has but in general the logan market seems to have tracked sideways and down slightly over the last few years.

I also think they have room to come down a little more (10%) or so. But thats only a guess on my part.

All this talk of people staying away believing prices will come down further or how bad tenants are make for perfect purchasing conditions imo :)

You know you've missed the boat when you start hearing good things about an area!

Bought my last house in the logan area a few months ago for $230k currently renting 360pw as is.

With numbers like that off the bat in a growing metro area, its hard to dismiss logan as an excellent investment option.

Thx guys- I need a boat to jump on- Brady where'd u buy

Apologies for not replying immediately, but I only signed contract on the purchase today. Didnt want to say anything before it was signed and sorted :)

Purchased a property in West Bathurst, 3bedroom 2bathroom double garage ~1970s brick high set. $265,000 currently tenanted @ $330p/w ill be increasing to $340p/w in december when lease expires.

A boat with numbers like purch 230k, rent 360pw - is a good one to be on.

There is quite a few around at the moment though.

As they say - the deal of a lifetime comes around once a week.

Congrats Brady, sounds like a great purchase =)
What made you end up in Bathurst over logan in the end?

I liked both areas. Bathurst had better growth drivers for me, population growth, uni's, colleges, schools, different industries, low rental vacanies, good rental yields. Along with Cadia East Gold mine 50kms away.

The property I found is under rented aswell, could be increased by $10-20p/w

All in all I thought Bathurst Area would grow quicker then Logan Central Area.

Regarding missing the boat, could be worthwhile watching the direction the wind is blowing and the speed the boat is currently travelling at.

Opinion is a currency of sorts, however it's hard to take it down to the local shops and buy groceries with it, for an objective view of the sailing conditions and not just somebody's opinion you could do worse than paying attention now and then to the monthly data (daily data if it's not too distracting) from RPdata

http://www.rpdata.com/research/monthly_indices.html

The wind has been encouraging this last month, it's been that way a few times over the last few year however just before a lull set in or the wind reversed direction.

Back