Toowoomba - seeking like minded People

HI yáll

I read this article recently - see http://www.realestate.com.au/review/apr072/tall_poppy.html?from=review

Seeking out like-minded people

If your friends and family just aren’t interested, why not seek out new people?

“We truly have a lot of success when we’re motivated and supported by people who think like we do,” Lomas says.

It’s a great way to stay motivated and to learn from other people’s experiences. And you’re likely to find plenty of people who are happy to celebrate your successes with you.

Would you like to get together on Sunday 27th May from 11.30 a.m. for Sunday lunch at the Irish Club, Russell St Toowoomba to meet with like-minded people to talk about property and other investments?

If you are interested, please send an email or telephone, so I can organise a booking at the Irish Club.

thanks

Robyn Davis
[email protected]

Unfortunately, I will be at my beach house hours and hours away from Toowoomba on that day. Usually I am at Lowood, only an hour or so from Toowoomba. If you have another get together through the year I will try to be there. :)

I won't make it to the BIG meet on 29th either. Gee, everything is on the week I go away. Never mind, there's always June. :)

HI there Brenda
thanks for that - hopefully there will be sufficient interest for some regular get togethers - so far some of the people who are coming got together initially to discuss shares - but a lot of them also have property holdings - one at least is very much into development. Also another couple (who may try to get there if they have no open houses) are local real estate agents - so we will see
thanks

If you have another get together through the year I will try to be there. :)
We will try and arrange that. Each month would be alright.

l'l take the Property Millionaire Board Game along. I don't think to play it on this occasion but give people a squiz and maybe organize a time to play.

Hi to any Toowoomba people,

I just read this thread, but am not too sure if anything transpired on the 27th May.
I am sorry I missed that one.

If the idea of a regular meeting in Toowoomba to discuss property gets off the ground, or is already happening, I would be v interested in it.

Anything happening?:)

Hi there Giddo
yes the meeting did transpire and we had 6 people attend the first session.
As there was a mixture of shares and property people - the first part of the session involved discussing shares to buy and hold.
Incidentally one recommendation from the meeting Linc Energy (LNC) increased from 37c to around 65c in the days following the meeting.
As the property outlook in Toowoomba is not quite as rosy as other markets given the higher vacancy rates in town - the property discussion revolved around where people are investing at the moment. The Sunshine coast was discussed extensively - particularly areas around the infrastructure being built.
I am still not sure how often we can get people together and am waiting on feedback. I know Jaffasoft would like to make it a monthly meeting but has been highlighted - if it is the end of June - we could not attend due to school holidays and likely being away.
You are welcome to PM Jaffasoft and see if you can get a June meeting going. Otherwise perhaps the end of July is the better option.
thanks

HI again
just checking if there is interest for a meeting on Sunday 29th July at 11.30 a.m. at the Irish Club.
If so let me know and I will organise a booking - in the room adjoining the main pub area.
thanks
Robyn Davis

Hi raddles
Not sure if I can make it 29th July due to big family 21st that weekend but if I can slip away for an hour or so I will be there. I have communicated by email before so you probably have my details. Love to hear of any confirmation of the meeting.
belleran

Hi there
just confirming there will be a meeting for Toowoomba investors on Sunday 29th July at 11.30 a.m. at the Irish pub Russell St Toowoomba for lunch
thanks
Robyn Davis

I have marked it on my calendar and Les and I should be able to attend. See you there. :)
ps: I was just thinking, how will we know it's SS? Will there be a sign on the table, or can we ask management? Maybe it's a secret handshake? :)

Hi Brenda
will see if we can book the room of the main pub area
if you ask management they will direct you to it
will also probably have my 2 kids with me
thanks
Robyn Davis

Back