Toowoombians if you see my Van!!

No I'm not going to tell you I have got signs all over it and that I have painted 'JESUS' down the side of it in bright yellow and to pull me over and chat about Real Estate Investing.

I got up this morning to notice some kind person has stolen it, ok then no drivies for me, I guess that's the downfall of living in a house now and not guarding it (by sleeping in it while traveling). Admittedly it would be easy for a thief to steal as I could open the doors with 5 cent coins and don't use keys but any thing that fits the ignition.

I lived in that Van for over a year that was my home. Anyway just thought I would post if you Toowoombians see a white late model 1985 Mazda van that it torched, rolled, smashed or otherwise looks like it's been dumped somewhere around town then let me know!

Thank a lot.

Hi Jaffasoft
which side of town are you on? - will be on the lookout
By the way - have got at least 6 people coming to the pub on the 27th May for the get together.
Hope you are still planning to come!
thanks
Raddles

That's great I might need to get a lift bit hard walking with this sore hip still I got about three or four on the list. I'm over Jellicoe Street way.

Ok then Jaffasoft
will contact you closer to the time and organise a lift - we are at Mount Lofty and could collect you on the way
thanks
Raddles

O'well petrol was my biggest expense. I'l start walking now everywhere and the savings can go to the bank. I will get a bike that will do good for the injury.

Some good news! The police came to the door today and said that the Van has been found and that it is 69 mile away at Dolby police station!

Don't know what happened or if it will start but they said it has not been touched or damaged and appears OK they have taken finger prints. I don't know if it could have been stolen a second time and turned up at Dolby unless it's taken a while for someone to notice it, anyway it's found so that's a good thing.

Hear I was thinking the Police do nothing...I was wrong!

... sure you didn't want it found burnt out and wrecked so you could claim the insurance, spend $500 on a bike and use the rest for a house deposit ... ? :D

Well that's smart thinking Lissie! But this thing wouldn't be worth insuring at $1800.00 I want it as a home if traveling and also will be my renovator vehicle if i get a house. It's the lounge renovator van office kitchen travelers vehicle and been a lot of people in this car!

I'm going to park it in front of the residence where I'm living now the same as it was though directly out the front instead of next doors and open the curtains and set a dumbie body in on the mattress in the back! Anyone got any other ideas to deter a thief.

Back