Top 10 property valuation myths

The valuer used some of the ones I provided, and completely ignored the one right next door, same land size, similar size house etc. Riddle me that??? :mad:

Cognitive dissonance. I had a CBD apartment of mine valued last time and the valuer completely ignored sales in the same building! They only see what they want to see.

We did once; I contacted one of our local agents and got the sales prices, and then printed off the flyers for the properties to hand to the valuer.

Bank refused to tell me when he was going to the property or give me his contact details.
It was Bankwest was memory, a few years ago so maybe things have changed.

How is the valuer getting through the property without access?

Valuation more art than science in my book. Hence the more information you can add into the process with reasonable justification the better.

I'll have a go...

More recently, I provided comparables for a valuation we needed. The most obvious one was the house right next door, which was important to prove that values had dropped. The valuer used some of the ones I provided, and completely ignored the one right next door, same land size, similar size house etc. Riddle me that??? :mad:

Am in similar situation.
I have never provided comparables will now look at doing this, hopefully it will work in my favour.

Back