Top Design - Wednesday night

For those (like myself) who are bored to tears with the boringness of The Block ... have strength.

Starting this Wednesday night, after The Block, Jamie Durie is back with a team of designers making over homes (I think).

Looks good and, imo, can't get any worse than the show before it!

it's just another "vote 'em off - exercise your opinion" show.

i can't stand the format, the ad breaks in the middle of eliminations - it's just naff.

onto my second series of MAD MEN, much better viewing.

I don't mind the format so much - although it is overdrawn out ... but I could forgive that except every room so far on the block is sooooooo bland and boring.

Last years show had exciting rooms, colours and use of materials. I cannot understand how this years' block contestants can spend so much money on "nothing".

Anyone want to team up for next years' block?

it's just another "vote 'em off - exercise your opinion" show.

i can't stand the format, the ad breaks in the middle of eliminations - it's just naff.

onto my second series of MAD MEN, much better viewing.

Yeah, you're probably right. But.....I often tape these shows and fast forward through all the add breaks and stupid reruns of what they have said before the adds. I never vote either. It's pointless as the real talent in any of these shows is often eliminated because it's all just a popularity contest.

Dancing with the Stars is one such that I love. Not because I give a damn about the 'D' grade Stars. I've never heard of most of them! I ONLY watch the dancing, none of the rest of it. I have an artistic bent and love anything put to music, which is why I excelled at skating. I also love the outfits and since I make competition outfits for skating, look for inspiration.

I find that I can watch the whole show for less than half the screening time.:D

'Breaking Bad' resumes season 4 this weekend in the US and will be ripe for downloading (not that I condone illegal downloading).

If you're looking for a creative way to make money this show is very eye opening (not that I condone drug dealing either).

For those (like myself) who are bored to tears with the boringness of The Block ... have strength.

Starting this Wednesday night, after The Block, Jamie Durie is back with a team of designers making over homes (I think).

Looks good and, imo, can't get any worse than the show before it!

yup the block is so boring.

previously they have better contestants and better storylines.

yup the block is so boring.

previously they have better contestants and better storylines.

and better designs ... every room so far is just sooooooo bland. Let me at it with some red and charcoal or funky black velvet patterned wallpaper.

I cannot understand how they can spend $5-7k on a room and get nothing even vaguely "wow"

they could have at least got better looking contestants...

just to get more viewers.

i wonder what the renovators would be like... was asked to go for a interview to attend.. i declined.

'Breaking Bad' resumes season 4 this weekend in the US and will be ripe for downloading (not that I condone illegal downloading).

If you're looking for a creative way to make money this show is very eye opening (not that I condone drug dealing either).

One month later . . . .

"So I plead guilty to both offences, Your Honour (not that I personally condone pleading, but in this instance for the lighter sentence I will abstain from my normally principled stance in such things)."

hahaahahah.. that asian girl looked clueless but she won with the first round?

honestly, they got some contestants who don't know what they are doing. a dropdown pull bed? what the? especially for an architect.

An interior designer who couldn't style?

very disappointing... not much substance there at all.. just everyone stressing about, having to be accountable for their input and any wasted time. The block is looking a lot better now.

Only thing vaguely interesting about it was their choice of a sea container medium - aside from that very mediocre. Also the couple exceeding their budget by over $4000 (of a 25k budget) should have been the ones up for kicking IMO.

I thought the final product was much better than what we're seeing on the block at least. It's all crammed into the one episode which is so much better than spreading it over a week too.

I really disliked all the contestants though. The only one I liked was the Asian girl. The rest were all pretentious bogans.

I feel like decorating pretend rooms (like the first week of the Block) and shipping containers that will never be used is SUCH a waste. I'm sure there are plenty of needy people and organisations out there that would love to have their homes and offices renovated or redecorated as part of these shows.

Back