Top order fail again.

I thought feathers were relevant to birds, say like for instance, silvertails....not bogans.

I always thought Richie Benaud was bogan...LOL:rolleyes:

I was thinking that The Fence would smack them over The Fence. :D

Well, hindsight is great isnt it, but thank god The Fence was smacked over the fence by our top order in the second innings.:cool:

Well done to the team for rallying around Mr Johnson and putting the dagger to the Poms !

Lets see what Adelaide brings. It's certainly brought this series alive.
Nothing better than beating the Poms.:D

I'd suggest that there is a bogan element in many sports. People in Somme of the football codes seem to appear much more often in headlines for heavy drinking, drink driving or bad behaviour than cricketers. High level swimmers have not been immune either.
What is also really funny about footy supporters is they all whinge about how bad every other team's skanky supporters are - especially my beloved Pies! - but their team's supporters are supposedly full of godliness and flowers.

I've been to hundreds of AFL matches of all the teams, and I can promise that every single team's supporters are shocking (except for possibly the MCC Members); slag their own players as well - which I cannot fathom.

Last edited:
Come on BV, she is starting to look a bit old mate, what about Pups WAG she looks better
When you are my age; the market has lot more selection of ages. ;)

Who is "Pups"? :confused: (don't follow cricket much these days).

On that note; can we pleeeese have a Rebecca Twigley/Judd free month in the media, thanks?

I like her, but jeeezus H; there are a million other awesome babes they can stick on the screen and the papers.

Don't start me on Clarkie's ex-missus.

When you are my age; the market has lot more selection of ages. ;)

Who is "Pups"? :confused: (don't follow cricket much these days).

On that note; can we pleeeese have a Rebecca Twigley/Judd free month in the media, thanks?

I like her, but jeeezus H; there are a million other awesome babes they can stick on the screen and the papers.

Don't start me on Clarkie's ex-missus.

Pup is referring to Michael Clarke who is married to Kyly Boldy ...some underwear model

But they are well over 400 runs in front.

It's now time to play one day cricket shots.

Australia will win this test and go to Perth 2-0 and a fired up Mitchell Johnson on a bouncy WACA pitch.

That prospect is simply mouth watering.

I don't get why they don't try and hit 10 runs per over until they run out or batsman
That wi'll end any chance of a loss

This one looked for a little while as if there was the possibility of an upset win- which would have made the next test a lot more interesting, rather than just a dead rubber.

Ashes to Aussies, dust to dust.

I'm certainly no cricket expert, but wasn't the cracks in that WACA pitch a big embarrassment? I've never seen anything like it and it would be similar to a pitch you'd see in a little country cricket comp. The ball spearing off at all sorts of angles when it hit a crack.

Surely there is a certain soil type that you don't use for a cricket pitch, and whatever the WACA pitch soil type is, that's the one not to use. I'd guess there was too much clay in it and not enough silt and sand? But I also suppose the extreme heat didn't help?

These days I'd have thought the soil type of all the big cricket grounds in this country would be sorted and these problems wouldn't happen?

Any experts here who knows what the problem was? I'm just speculating as per usual?

See ya's.

A cricket pitch may be watered up to, but not during, a cricket match- according to the rules. So as the match progresses it dries and cracks. This is something a team winning the toss will take into consideration when deciding whether or not to bat first.

A cricket pitch may be watered up to, but not during, a cricket match- according to the rules. So as the match progresses it dries and cracks. This is something a team winning the toss will take into consideration when deciding whether or not to bat first.

Yeah, got that. But these have been the rules for 100 and so years. Has a pitch ever been that bad before in recent times? I don't remember one?

See ya's.

Apparently the WACA wicket is famous for developing cracks, part of the problem is when they get a heatwave the wind is from the east so it is extremely dry.

The past few days have been 40c and they are not allowed to water it so it dries out and cracks.

They mentioned in the paper that Geoff Marsh once stood his cricket bat up in one of the cracks back in his era.

They showed them on TV filling the cracks on the crease with some soil but the ones down the wicket were left untouched for some reason as far as I could see.

I'm certainly no cricket expert, but wasn't the cracks in that WACA pitch a big embarrassment?

I thought it was fantastic.. brings another element into the game which the bowlers love. It would be boring if all the pitches were all exactly the same.

It's a bit like the variety in the tennis grand slam, grass in wimbledon, clay in france and different hard courts here and US.

Back