Town planner quote for DA inner city Brisbane

I was after feedback on a quote for the town planning component for our DA for our development in inner city Brisbane. We are seeking a DA for a two town house development and movement and raising of the existing house on a 800 sq mt block in a DCP area. It is an impact assessable DA

Any feedback would be appreciated as I'm new to this biz.

CONSULTANCY STAGE FEE GST TOTAL
PRE‐LODGEMENT STAGE (Stage 1) Preliminary Investigations

$1,500.00 GST $150.00 total $1,650.00

Preparation and Lodgement of Development Application (including Project Co‐Ordination)

$2,500.00 GST $250.00 Total $2,750.00

POST‐LODGEMENT STAGE (Stage 2)
Post Lodgement Negotiation
*Minimum Fee of $750.00($825.00 inc GST)

Town planning fees and council contributions

Thanks for your feedback. How much did you have to pay in contributions? We have two lots so hope to get some credit for that.

Cheers

That is the average price, don't forget to add council lodgement fees as well.

Depending which suburb the development is in, the contribution can vary. But the average is around $20,000 to $30,000 for each dwelling once DA is received.

Also once approved, if contribution is paid before the end of the financial year that you could receive a 35% subsidy. Hope this helps.

Hi Pkin,
I agree with rexilla99 your quote doesn't sound expensive. You might like to check if they are risk smart accredited:
http://www.brisbane.qld.gov.au/planning-building/how-to-apply/risksmart-applications/index.htm
One of your major costs is the holding costs so a Town Planner that can move your proposed development thru the process efficiently is going to potentially save you more money in the end than another that drags the chain. Find out for your type of project how long it has generally taken for them to get council decision on in the past and base your budget around that.
Kind regards
Meg

Back