Townhouse builders brisbane

Now that we've finally got approval to build two two-story town houses in brisbane I was hoping for some recommendations for good builders able to meet agreed timelines, quality etc. Any suggestions welcome. Thanks.

Hi Pkin,

Congrats on getting approval - keep us updated in the process if you can. I have really enjoyed others development threads

Any chance you could PM me the address, I might have a look on pdonline. If you would rather not than thats cool :D

Cheers

Just sent you a PM of a builder I just used that I was very happy with.

What else can you tell us about the project? Are you building behind an existing house? Which suburb?

Cheers,
Matt

Now that we've finally got approval to build two two-story town houses in brisbane I was hoping for some recommendations for good builders able to meet agreed timelines, quality etc. Any suggestions welcome. Thanks.

Inspire Style & Living at Yatala, they only do investors, upmarket spec, talk to Joel.
Great price, personalised service, bend over backwards.
Tell 'em Richie sent ya.

Just sent you a PM of a builder I just used that I was very happy with.

What else can you tell us about the project? Are you building behind an existing house? Which suburb?

Cheers,
Matt

Hi Matt

It is a corner block in a DCP, heritage character area in Annerley. The block is 810 sq metre.

We have a approval to reconfigure the lot, move the existing house and build two two-storey free standing town houses behind - they'll have their own street entry and will be eventually on their own titles.

The original house will be on its own lot of about 380 sq metres.

Significant issues have been a neighbouring tree, and old retaining walls around the sloping block (expensive to remove).

As a newbie, I have been surprised by the time it has taken to get to this stage (luckily we haven't had any real holding costs), the costs involved, and the contradictory information we have been getting along the way.

We think at this stage we'll relocate the existing house (just waiting for BA and quotes) and then sell it to help finance the build of the townhouses.

Undertaking this project has led me to undertake an Urban and Regional Planning degree which I hope to finish next year which will hopefully help me with some developments in the future.

Feel free to PM if you want additional information. In the meantime any recommendations regarding builders and house movers/restumers welcome.

Hi Pkin,

I am a QS and can point you in the right direction for builders, just would need to see the level of involvement you would like to have in the project. Í'll PM you now.

I can recommend Budget Restumping (Don Simpson). We have used him for years and have always been happy with the job and the price.

We have a double block (906sqm x 2) in Coorparoo (two street access) with two DCP houses. One day a developer might come along and offer us a squillion for the block :rolleyes::D, but more likely we will sell it one day for a reasonable amount... OR plonk a few townhouses in the back yards.

I would LOVE to hear about what has happened in your quest to get this project to this stage, and love to hear how things progress. We are complete newbies at building and would probably pay to have the whole job build and/or project managed rather than risk stuffing it up big time ourselves.

We've renovated plenty of times, big and small, but starting from scratch would be a great way of us losing our shirts :p. So I'd love to be a fly on the wall of your experience...

Back