Townhouse Prices in the Hills District (NSW) & Impact of Proposed Rail Link

If I were you, I would stick with Baulkham Hills as opposed to Castle Hills.

You can still get a house in Baulkham Hills in the $500's. It's good value.

Baulkham Hills High School is the second best performing high school in NSW after James Ruse High School in Carlingford (it used to be top ten but has climbed up significantly over the years). So the area will attract families who want to invest in a good education for their kids. I have no doubt part of the reason why Carlingford became popular was the school.

If you live in Baulkham Hills, you have easy access to the city via M2. Public transport wise, it is a 5 minute drive to Seven Hills station. Trains from Seven Hills to Town Hall take 45-50minutes tops and there are lots of fast trains during peak hour. Alternatively, you can catch M2 buses it takes around 50min-1hour.

There is a shopping centre in Baulkham Hills. Not huge but more than sufficient for your everyday needs. If you want more, it's a short drive to Castle Hill. If you live on the Winston Hill side of the area, there's also a fairly established shopping centre there.

The area has had reasonable capital gain. The rental market is tight and you have no problems increasing the rent every year.

I highly recommend the area.

Back