Tracking Labor Govt's Promises...

Quotes from the print version of the Courier Mail today:

"The people have voted for new leadership in Kevin Rudd and a full upgrade of the Ipswich Motorway" - Shayne Neumann, newly elected Labor MP for Blair, 24 November 2007 (election night). (page 1)

"A federal Labor government will work with the Queensland Government, local councils and families to deliver the full upgrade of the Ipswich Motorway" - Kevin Rudd, 10 April 2007. (page 5)

"There is no more important road project than the Ipswich Motorway on our priority list. No more important anywhere" - Anthony Albanese, Transport Minister, 29 January 2008. (page 5)

Cheers
LynnH

Excellent, anything online?

"The people have voted for new leadership in Kevin Rudd and a full upgrade of the Ipswich Motorway" - Shayne Neumann, newly elected Labor MP for Blair, 24 November 2007 (election night). (page 1)

"A federal Labor government will work with the Queensland Government, local councils and families to deliver the full upgrade of the Ipswich Motorway" - Kevin Rudd, 10 April 2007. (page 5)

"There is no more important road project than the Ipswich Motorway on our priority list. No more important anywhere" - Anthony Albanese, Transport Minister, 29 January 2008. (page 5)

Cheers
LynnH

Cheers
LynnH

Lynn,

If your going to start using facts I won't listen anymore (puts fingers in ears) nanananananana I can't hear you.

Besides did you see if their fingers were crossed. Everyone knows that if their fingers were crossed they really didn't mean what they said.

Regards

Andrew

Good one, Andrew!!! :p

Nah, didn't see if their fingers were crossed - would never get that close to a politician! :eek::eek:

Cheers
LynnH

A labouring mess

Aren't we jumping the gun to judge the current Fed Government? The budget is next week, and at least on economic grounds after the implementation and re-prioritsation of government spending will we be better placed to make a judgement call on their direction.

I know this is generally a conservatively biased forum but before we shoot them down in flames, let's wait to hear and see their detailed plans.

Well Buzz four months on and what do we have? Another Labour government that has paralysis due to analysis:p

Well Buzz four months on and what do we have? Another Labour government that has paralysis due to analysis:p

You could very well argue that. Then why aren't the polls showing the Libs ahead?

Politics aside, and partly answering my own question here, but electorates give new governments time to stuff up. If you look at all state and fed governments, not many first term governments are voted out of office in the following election. (Whitlam is the big exception). Australia is a pretty conservative country on the issue of changing governments

So based on the way we i.e. the country votes, we may have a minimum of 2 years of the current fed government and probably another term.

Imagine the amount of "mirror time" over that period of those years :p

You could very well argue that. Then why aren't the polls showing the Libs ahead?

Politics aside, and partly answering my own question here, but electorates give new governments time to stuff up. If you look at all state and fed governments, not many first term governments are voted out of office in the following election. (Whitlam is the big exception). Australia is a pretty conservative country on the issue of changing governments

So based on the way we i.e. the country votes, we may have a minimum of 2 years of the current fed government and probably another term.

Hi Buzz

Whitlam had two terms, 1972 and 1974 election wins.

Cheers

Shane

If you look at NSW as an example people get governments that they deserve. Over 80% of the population is fiscally illiterate and these same individuals vote:(

I don't mean to sound elitist but pareto's principle is a fact of life

Whoops sorry for the space, thats where the promises that have been kept are sitting. reason its blank is its the writing on the wall... they are knobs.

as for voting rights, if you dont know who to vote or dont want to vote you shouldnt have to... maybe we would have a better government in play if that was the case.

Should'nt we be looking at the labor goverment as a whole I'm sure kevin rudd is not responsible for Administering his election promise's personally like any business a goverment is only as good as it's employees....

Does anyone know how the rudd goverment is handling the budget surplus have they managed to spend it all yet?

Last edited:
I'm pretty unimpressed with the Krudd govt. They've made some noise, but haven't really done much that I can see. And today I read that Krudd wants to get the country back into debt again - what about those budget surpluses?

Back