Transfer Fees for Property Transactions

A query regarding Transfer Fees....

I have noted that dependant on whcih state you buy property, the fee varies.

In QLD, NSW, SA, Vic and WA, there is a sliding scale based on the purchase price of the property, whereas in ACT, NT and Tas, they are fixed costs (very small as well).

Does anyone know where I can find the tables for the variable fees.

Have previously done searches but only thing that seems to come up is transfer duty.... (not transfer fee)

Online calculators calculate Stamp Duty, Transfer fees and Mortgage registration, but I want to know the correct tables, as a number of different online calculators produce different values.

Cheers,

F

you can get the calcs from the office of state revenue in each state or on my site there is a borrowing costs calc that will break down all the fees. If you do use the one on my site can you provide some feedback on the calc as we are working on enhancing it at the moment.
thanks
jon

you can get the calcs from the office of state revenue in each state or on my site there is a borrowing costs calc that will break down all the fees. If you do use the one on my site can you provide some feedback on the calc as we are working on enhancing it at the moment.
thanks
jon

Hi Jon,

Thanks for your comments.

Few points / queries:

1. Your Transfer duty (stamp duty) calcs are the same as what I am getting.
2. My LMI calcs are a bit different to yours. Could be that we are using different base data and premium rates.
3. From what I have researched, all registration fees are fixed for every State in Aus. I think your calculator adds both the registration and transfer fees together and call it "government registration transfer of land'.
4. Also, I still cant see anything on the land transfer fee online unfortunately.

What do you do a search on to grab the tables for transfer fees?

(I have got the table for transfer duty, but want additional table for transfer fee)

F

Thanks for the feedback Fudge:) The calculator can be hard to use and we are working on this but it is much more powerful then others i have seen around on sites. The transfer duty is correct which i assume as others. The LMI on the calc is specific to each lender if you choose one so you can compare between lenders where others out there are just generic estimates. We ad the registration fees together at the moment to make it easier to read. The land transfer duty is the Government Transfer Duty on Property" column.

let me know if you need any help with the calc.

Hi Jon,

Thanks for your comments.

Few points / queries:

1. Your Transfer duty (stamp duty) calcs are the same as what I am getting.
2. My LMI calcs are a bit different to yours. Could be that we are using different base data and premium rates.
3. From what I have researched, all registration fees are fixed for every State in Aus. I think your calculator adds both the registration and transfer fees together and call it "government registration transfer of land'.
4. Also, I still cant see anything on the land transfer fee online unfortunately.

What do you do a search on to grab the tables for transfer fees?

(I have got the table for transfer duty, but want additional table for transfer fee)

F

Back