Transport: Chermside Interchange & car parking

Hi,

Does anybody know if there is designated parking at the Chermside interchange bus station for commuters to park their cars and catch buses to the city?

cheers
Penny

not as such...last time i checked anyway.

but the shopping centre has an astronomical number of carparks and many are close to the interchange. i know a lot of people park there and jump on the buses...

Don't count on using the shopping centre carpark.

Garden City shopping centre is right beside the busway to the city. Most of their carparks are locked off until 9am, and the ones that are open for shopping have security guards to prevent commuter parking.

Can't blame them - shopping centre carparks are privately owned, and are designed on the basis of 7 cars occupying each space each day - one commuter therefore prevents 7 shoppers.
Marg

chermside doesn't lock off all their carparks...

there are one or two that are (southern mezzanine for one), but several aren't able to be locked off by their nature...that and you have a gym inside the shopping centre as well as the cinemas etc. those areas demand parking be available from "silly o'clock" in the morning to very late at night.

chermside has a very large number of carparks that are open air and can be used 24hrs. there is also street parking in the immediate area around the shopping centre and side streets.

Thanks Marg and Urban Cowboy. I wonder if in the future they'll crack down on commuters parking there, but for the time being it seems like it's ok to do it. Thanks!

Back