Troy Buswell suffers ?mental breakdown? - quits Cabinet

• Bra-snapping
  • Chair-sniffing
  • Squirrel-gripping
  • Falsifying Allowance claims
  • Wife Cheating
  • Dry humping

Not an employee...it's a Politician according to the link :D

Setting an example on Moral Standards for the Community ?

Troy Buswell's controversial career

The controversy continues, it's a hard life under the public spotlight

Troy Buswell suffers ?mental breakdown? - quits Cabinet

FEBRUARY 22 WEDDING

Mr Buswell attended a wedding on Saturday, February 22.

At 1.28am the following day a member of the public called police to report that a white Holden Caprice was being driven erratically on Roberts Road, Subiaco, near Patersons Stadium.

The person who rang police also contacted several media organisations, saying Mr Buswell?s driving forced him to stop to avoid a collision.

The Caprice had earlier been seen obstructing the left lane of Roberts Road, sitting perpendicular to the kerb.

The witness said the Caprice, believed to be Mr Buswell?s Ministerial car, then veered across from the left to the right lane nearly colliding with parked cars.

It then pulled into Mr Buswell?s Roberts Road driveway, where it allegedly hit a metal fence.

Police confirmed they were called to a traffic incident in Subiaco in the early hours of February 23.

Following Mr Buswell?s absence from work on the Monday following the crash, Premier Colin Barnett made a statement last week declaring Mr Buswell had taken three weeks personal leave for a ?health related issue?? and would be back at work at the end of this week.

He asked that Mr Buswell be given privacy to deal with his ?health?? issue.

Pity we can't put him down ......

Sorry Sash, but I don't think making jokes about a person who is mentally ill is very funny.

It is an illness just like any other health problem.

The guy has owned up and resigned as is necessary under the circumstances, give him a break please.

If Troy Buswell is mentally ill, it would have been nice to see him seek treatment long before it got to this.

He owned up because he got caught. That's a big difference.

If Troy Buswell is mentally ill, it would have been nice to see him seek treatment long before it got to this.

He owned up because he got caught. That's a big difference.

He was drink driving.

Depression or no depression, zero sympathy from me.

Sorry mate...this man is an abolute idiot...whilst I have sympathy with people with mental illnesses...I am not buying his story!

His track record is atrocious...it seems to the typically behaviour of the far right!

Given the quality of the libs in WA...he will be back in some form supported by his mates. I am sick of this boorish behaviour from people in public offices.

Sorry Sash, but I don't think making jokes about a person who is mentally ill is very funny.

The guy has owned up and resigned as is necessary under the circumstances, give him a break please.

Sorry mate...this man is an abolute idiot...whilst I have sympathy with people with mental illnesses...I am not buying his story!

His track record is atrocious...it seems to the typically behaviour of the far right!

Given the quality of the libs in WA...he will be back in some form supported by his mates. I am sick of this boorish behaviour from people in public offices.

I agree his behaviour has been bad. He appears to have had a history of bad behaviour.

I don't agree that it's typical of the far right.

Personal bad behaviour and political leanings are two different and separate things.

It can be a symptom of power. Possibly there's worse behaviour in politicians than in other people.

Or possibly politicians are scrutinised more closely than people in other professions.

I agree his behaviour has been bad. He appears to have had a history of bad behaviour.

Personal bad behaviour and political leanings are two different and separate things.

It can be a symptom of power. Possibly there's worse behaviour in politicians than in other people.

Or possibly politicians are scrutinised more closely than people in other professions.

I think that some people attracted to politics have an incredible narcissistic streak. The absokute belief in their own viewpoint with no compromise. No side is immune from this.

I'd have a lot more sympathy if this came from nowhere rather than a series of bad behavior.

It was not always like that,some think depending on their temperament think they have been selected by destiny just like gamblers,when they start they become lucky or unlucky,maybe his luck just ran out..

Ah yes, the modern day excuse for being an a hole. I have a mentsl illness/depression/bi polar. Great get out of jail free card that one.

No, they are just a disfunctional a hole who thinks they are superior because they have a profile.

+1 from me :D

Ok, I will accept that it is alright to say anything about people as long as they are politicians

Last edited:

Sorry Macca, I ain't buying.

Buswell's track record is shocking, sexual harassment, an affair, drink driving, yet now he has a mental illness?

I'm all for people with mental illnesses getting the treatment they need, and not being stigmatised by their condition, but I don't believe this. His depression / anxiety has caused him to sniff a staffers chair, cheat on his wife and drive his car while pissed? Please.

I think he has ******** disease. The main attributes are that he can't stop being a ********.

Sorry Macca, I ain't buying.

Buswell's track record is shocking, sexual harassment, an affair, drink driving, yet now he has a mental illness?

I'm all for people with mental illnesses getting the treatment they need, and not being stigmatised by their condition, but I don't believe this. His depression / anxiety has caused him to sniff a staffers chair, cheat on his wife and drive his car while pissed? Please.

I think he has ******** disease. The main attributes are that he can't stop being a ********.

Hi Dan,

I don't know the bloke as I live in NSW, my point was simply that just because a person is a politician that does not mean they can't be sick.

On reading your list it may well confirm that the guy does have problems which should have been addressed before this.

I know other people who have been doing odd things for years and most (not all) do actually have a problem. I believe that tough love is better for them rather than cossetting as they seem to need someone else to provide them with limits to their behaviour.

My view does not fit the "bleeding heart, full forgiveness" attitude but I still don't think ridicule will help anyone.

If we are relating all of this to politics, I seem to recall Mark Latham, who was Labor's offering for our PM has a similar problem. As he is in NSW I am aware he has had a few outbursts since, it would seem he actually has problems which need medication permanently.

Not much difference to high blood pressure etc in the need for medication, no one ridicules that do they ?

I suppose I thought Sash's comment "Pity we can't put him down ......" was a bit callous

Anyway, I have had my say so I will now retire and be glad I am not a politician.

Last edited:
Macca, the problem is anyone in the public eye who ****s up, the first thing they come out with is oh im depressed/bi polar whatever. How many sports people do we see misbehaving that use that excuse?

I would like to see someone just come out and say "you know what, wasn't my finest moment, I F'd up and should have known better." Why can't someone just say that instead of always going for the get out of jail depression card? When is the last time someone with a profile stuffed up and wasn't depressed?

Back