Trump & Kiyosaki

I just wanted to say that I've just read this book and being someone who was not exposed to any financial training while growing up I've found the values and principals espoused exceptionally helpful to me in my future planning.

I'm one of those who believed all I had to do was study hard , work hard and I'd be fine. The book was quite an eye opener and I've made a point of dicussing the concepts with my family.

I can't wait to read Kim Kiyosaki's book also, Rich Women because I think thats likely to be helpful too.

Anyone else enjoy the Trump & Kiyosaki book?

Yes, that was good reading . At $50 though , I just got it from the library .

I have most of Kiyosaki's books . Who took my money , is a very good read IMHO . Some of the stuff is not really relevant to Aus though don't you think ?

Shawn

I just wanted to say that I've just read this book and being someone who was not exposed to any financial training while growing up I've found the values and principals espoused exceptionally helpful to me in my future planning.

I've read a few Kiyosaki books and while it's true the info is not totally relevant to Australia the values and principals as a general are fantastic. They are good to revisit whenever you may doubt yourself from where you want to go in a financial sense. I also enjoyed a couple of John R Burley's books too. So if you enjoy reading and your looking for a different insight into money. Get into it. I've picked up most of my books off ebay for generally less than half the retail price.

Hi Tizzy,

If you enjoyed the book (I haven't read it) I cannot recommend highly enough Trump's books 'The Art of The Deal', 'Think Like A Billionaire' and 'How To Get Rich'. Of those three, The Art of The Deal is by far the best. If I had to choose only three investment books to keep as references, this would be one of them.

Mark

I was very impressed with Trump's thinking Mark so I will take a look at his other books. Thanks for those recommendations. I had such preconceived ideas about him but he deserves his success. I'm impressed that he is sharing his knowledge.

Shawn whever I read anything about specific schemes that operate in the US, I just extrapolated to the similar programs that operate in Australia, so I didn't really feel any of it was irrelevent.

I like the idea of only investing in areas that I understand (never did get the hang of share trading anyway).

Yes , I think I might have a look at Trumps books . I had a look on Amazon and the reviews that I read there were mostly positive ....

Smiley , I too have bought most of my RK books off ebay . I tried to buy the 101 game on there for a while but ended up buying a new version last summer . I have kids 12 10 and 7 to teach and we play the game about once a month .

Shawn

It's the hair :D

I have a lot of trouble with the hair ... I just can't take him seriously.

I'll have to put that out of my mind when I read his books.

Thanks for the recommendations!

DJ

thanks for the recommendations - i was wondering what the hubby can get me for christmas this year, after several years of very nice jewellry

I tried to buy the 101 game on there for a while but ended up buying a new version last summer. I have kids 12 10 and 7 to teach and we play the game about once a month.

Must admit I'd seen the game on ebay a few times but they were selling like hotcakes and i always got done by one of those last second bidders and their ebay bidding software :(

So is it good fun, money well spent and how long or times played before you were able to escape the rat race???

Yeah it's great fun . Also after playing a few times it changes the way you think about different sorts of investments . The thing is , you have to have like minded people to play with as it might just sit in your cupboard !

I was able to escape the rat race the second time I played it . My nephew however has played it 6 times now and still cannot get out!

I was bidding on ebay versions also then noticed the game was discounted on RKs site . I paid $245 . Also I suspect some of the games on ebay are pirate copys . Make your own mind up .....

I bought the Kids version on the forum here about a year ago for I think $50 . My lot are past that already . In fact my youngest son who is 8 in a couple of days already knows all his times tables off by heart ....

I am so proud of him :)

Shawn

I was very impressed with Trump's thinking Mark so I will take a look at his other books. Thanks for those recommendations.

Also have a look at YOU TUBE and see some of the videos (free) floating around. Most are interviews n stuff but still good for analysis.

There are a couple of threads in the forum with links to some oldies but goldies of Warren Buffett and Kiyoskai and a few others.

Interesting people in interesting times.

Aaron

Aaarghhh , did you check out John Paul Pidgeon the millionare kid ? Amazing isn't it ?

have you purchased any of the audio packages ?

No way. Reading RDPD at 7??? Talk show circuits at 11? Only in America.

No tapes either. I used to buy books galore. Now I just go to the library and of course subscribe to the best forums on the planet.

cya

Back