Trump seminar canceled - No refunds lol

Just saw this on tv.

Wonder what will happen with the organizer who is contracted to pay the rest of the money. He has been paid $1.6 mill as a non refundable deposit now wants the rest of the money, even though he wont show up.

I hope everyone that has bought a ticket get their money back, but its laughable that on one side he said he doesn't need it but on the other wont refund people.

Pretty low.

I paid $600 for a ticket on my credit card. I guess if I have no luck with the promoters, I'll be contacting the bank to get it charged back.

I paid $600 for a ticket on my credit card. I guess if I have no luck with the promoters, I'll be contacting the bank to get it charged back.

Well the idea of the seminar was to teach you a lesson about finance. That's a good way to make money without doing a thing.

Cheers,

Bazza

Well the idea of the seminar was to teach you a lesson about finance. That's a good way to make money without doing a thing.

Cheers,

Bazza

Now THAT was funny...

Ianinvestor - I think most banks state you must lodge the dispute within 4 weeks of recieving the statement so you may have to lodge dispute asap

From my understanding the guy who got it all happening was inspired by reading a trump book, and 'thought big' and managed to get him out here.

I think he's a small time guy with a dream, so he's probably as much a victim in all this as the people who paid the money.

Wonder if they could replace him with another speaker, like Branson or Alan Sugar(!). But they'd need the deposit back.

i think people who paid got the best lesson of all... much better than if he did turn up. He like all other promoters, spinners, spruikers care only of themselves, couldn't give a crap about "sharing the knowledge" so by not turning up because of too few numbers was a good lesson.

that lesson being;

dont rely on others to spoon feed you the information... instead you need go out there and learn for yourself through action, mistakes and the natural learning process.

I would mention John Fitzgerald in this same context but dont want to start another fight :D

Again, nothing against Trump, but he is what he is.. a celebrity not a developer your much better off reading a drab book about property than such "entertainment" oriented seminars..

sigh... i can tell im going to get a caning for this post.. so i apologise for my expressed views... but its the truth.

There are a lot of buildings starting with "Trump" in the US which would disagree with your developer statement.

maybe you should think like a billionaire and not worry about asking for a refund of loose change.

You should also accept the lesson you learned that billionaires don't give a hoot about small time operators like yourself. And that they trump over small timers to get ahead to where they want to get.

was the whole seminar cancelled - or just trump's 15 seconds of fame at the end?

p.s tcocaro - it's just the truth in your view. others may choose to differ from their perspective.

I think he's a small time guy with a dream, so he's probably as much a victim in all this as the people who paid the money.

Mr Trump is refusing to return more than $1.5 million already paid to him by Concept Store director Malcolm Quinn and is even demanding a further $1 million to satisfy the terms of his contract.

"I'm astonished by his attitude frankly and I think that it's a disgrace," Mr Quinn said.

Victim ?? He's a director of a company that has entered into a highly risky but legally binding contract with a fairly heavyweight character who is simply enforcing the terms of the contract, which conveniently weren't detailed in the fluffy-wuffy media whinge.

Any Director of a company that starts sentences with terms like "I think" and "I'm astonished" instead of simply referring to the executed contract terms.....needs to either go back and have a jolly good read of the contract terms, or quit immediately.

maybe you should think like a billionaire and not worry about asking for a refund of loose change.

You should also accept the lesson you learned that billionaires don't give a hoot about small time operators like yourself. And that they trump over small timers to get ahead to where they want to get.

I'm glad you said it crc, but I was already of that frame of mind. $600 is nowhere near close enough to the 'big picture' to be worth concerning myself with. I'm over it already.

it's just the truth in your view. others may choose to differ from their perspective.

that is the case with any claim of "truth" there are very few instances of absolute truth. Regardless I understand what you meant by the comment and I concur.

There are a lot of buildings starting with "Trump" in the US which would disagree with your developer statement.

I was not trying to be exact when i say "Trump" is not a developer but I believe TODAY he is less a developer and more a media personality. I don't see him doing developer tasks day to day... thats what I meant.

In any case I am sure many of those buildings you refer to are JV whereby the name is used once again to leverage his "name" as a media personality over the name as a respected development firm.

I wont go as far as to say Trump is as much a developer as Paris is a Hotelier.... but hmmmm... i think ive made my point.

Back