Trump seminar canceled - No refunds lol

I know a few people (my DH included) who would've paid the money to see Trump if he was speaking for longer than just an hour. I was considering going if DH ended up buying a ticket, but I was not interested in paying money like that to listen to the rest of the group who were lined up to speak. No one else particularly impressive in the line-up.

What did Trump do wrong? He has a signed contract, and the promoter has gone belly up so Trump can no longer come. Isnt it exactly the same as a failed RE contract? Would you give the deposit back? Trump would already have cleared his diary to make the trip, so he should keep the money. Not his fault the promoter got it wrong.

I wouldnt have paid to hear him speak (not that he was coming to Adelaide) but I would learn heaps from him if I spent some time with him.

What did Trump do wrong?

I agree, although I would have a bit more respect for him if he wan't pursuing the balance of the contract. He took a risk by signing up with such a lightweight promoter who had clearly never run with a deal this size before.
I can hear Alan Sugar, now, pointing to the failed promoter and saying "You, you're a lightweight. You're FIRED!".

hope you get at least something back Ian.

I wonder if Trump's business requires more hands on these last few weeks, and whether he would have had to re-write his material for the uncertainty around....

Though I think his and R.Kiyosaki's recent mutual slant was appropriate for difficult times.

hope you get at least something back Ian.

I wonder if Trump's business requires more hands on these last few weeks, and whether he would have had to hire someone to re-write his material for him for the uncertainty around....

Though I think his and R.Kiyosaki's recent mutual ghostwritten slant was appropriate for difficult times.

Quote fixed.

given the current financial crisses he is most likly back home saving his millions, and there fore wouldnt be worried about the few thousand that he could of made for 15 minutes, i would have done the same, but in good faith i would of paid each of the bookings a $200 sorry fee! just a nice gesture and now those that made a booking think less of the guy, funny though?

given the current financial crisses he is most likly back home saving his millions, and there fore wouldnt be worried about the few thousand that he could of made for 15 minutes, i would have done the same, but in good faith i would of paid each of the bookings a $200 sorry fee! just a nice gesture and now those that made a booking think less of the guy, funny though?

As Dazz suggested, there's no reason to think less of someone who is just following the terms of his contract. Frankly, I'd be disappointed in him if he didn't.

As Dazz suggested, there's no reason to think less of someone who is just following the terms of his contract. Frankly, I'd be disappointed in him if he didn't.

That is true although i highly doubt that if others were in his position, knowing that people paid good money to hear him speak, would still keep the money. A contract is a contract yes, but there are more important things than making a mill and a half and screwing decent people out of their money.

A contract is a contract yes, but there are more important things than making a mill and a half and screwing decent people out of their money.

Trump didnt screw people out of their money; if the promoter had not crashed he would still be coming! It isnt his fault! He is foremost a Businessman; he cleared his diary to come; it has now been cancelled; so I really dont see the problem.

I dont see why its Trump's fault either. If the contract was that he would come if certain attendance figures were met, or if the deposit to him was non-refundable then that's fair enough.

I mean, you can't enter into a contract, but then get all upset when the other party actually wants to ENFORCE it can you?

BTW - The point about Trump being more a personality than developer may have been made, but I'm not sure what the point of the point actually was. He's in business as a developer AND a personality. He's really developing his brand, making any Trump development more valuable.

tubs i agree... fundamentally the point i was making is that some people put these people on a pedestal. My point was only to bring home the point these people are in it for the money (ONLY).. theres no social good in what they do... (e.g. John Fitzgerald)

I am not criticizing them only pointing a fact that gets lost sometimes when these people are elevated as heroes... hell even battlers fighting to spread the wealth.... share ideas... and their only driver is the warm fuzzy feeling they get when they do it...

well its not... its green... its flat.... and its called money. (again nothing wrong with that.. hell im a developer)

I dont see why its Trump's fault either. If the contract was that he would come if certain attendance figures were met, or if the deposit to him was non-refundable then that's fair enough.

I mean, you can't enter into a contract, but then get all upset when the other party actually wants to ENFORCE it can you?

BTW - The point about Trump being more a personality than developer may have been made, but I'm not sure what the point of the point actually was. He's in business as a developer AND a personality. He's really developing his brand, making any Trump development more valuable.

What did Trump do wrong? He has a signed contract, and the promoter has gone belly up so Trump can no longer come. Isnt it exactly the same as a failed RE contract? Would you give the deposit back? Trump would already have cleared his diary to make the trip, so he should keep the money. Not his fault the promoter got it wrong.

I wouldnt have paid to hear him speak (not that he was coming to Adelaide) but I would learn heaps from him if I spent some time with him.

I believe you will learn more from his books than listening him talking for one hour. A lot of people go to seminar for the atmosphere. Just my opinion.

I have read a lot of his books and I am also disappointed in him. I thought he is a man of integrity but I am not aware of the terms and conditions of the contract so don't know the exact reason of his cancellation. It's create a lot of bad publicity.

I have read a lot of his books and I am also disappointed in him. I thought he is a man of integrity but I am not aware of the terms and conditions of the contract so don't know the exact reason of his cancellation. It's create a lot of bad publicity.

Hi YLC,

If you've read his books then you'll know the man is a walking talking business man down to the core. Call a book: Think Big and Kick ***, and what other way would we expect him to behave...other than to "kick ***".

His contract would be iron clad, and I think the guy who booked this was out of his depth. If you are going to book one of the worlds biggest, most ruthless businessman, who is reknown for his hard *** approach to deals, you would certainly want to make sure you could pull the numbers and come through with the goods!:cool:

He is quoted as saying a good business deal is better than sex for goodness sake!:eek:

Regards JO

less than a quarter of the expected 6000 to 8000 seats were snapped up

This is where Mr Quinn has fallen down badly. I wonder what he bases his "expectation" on ?? I wonder if he paid some wonderful marketing guru big mobs of cash to research this expectation.....if so, I wonder what they base their numbers on.

Mr Quinn forgot to mention and the journo forgot to ask.....:rolleyes:

you would certainly want to make sure you could pull the numbers and come through with the goods

Yes, well, as is the case with most of the fluff articles presented in the media nowadays.....the exact contract details are not revealed and the exact research databases that the decisions were based upon are never revealed either.

All you get is waffly comments and cr@p like "I believe" and "I'm astonished" and "Lack of personal integrity" where things like emotion and opinion reign supreme.

The lack of contractual detail and lack of legally binding fact is the only thing that is astonishing.

Hi YLC,

If you've read his books then you'll know the man is a walking talking business man down to the core. Call a book: Think Big and Kick ***, and what other way would we expect him to behave...other than to "kick ***".

His contract would be iron clad, and I think the guy who booked this was out of his depth. If you are going to book one of the worlds biggest, most ruthless businessman, who is reknown for his hard *** approach to deals, you would certainly want to make sure you could pull the numbers and come through with the goods!:cool:

He is quoted as saying a good business deal is better than sex for goodness sake!:eek:

Regards JO

He is one of the smartest business dealer in the world. When you deal with a guy like that you need an excellent lawyer to check the details of the contract and fill any holes so it's water tight.

Did Trump cancel his visit before or after the bankrupcy was declared?

If the promoter went bankrupt first, before Trump cancelled, then what people are saying is that he should put his hand in his pocket to pay creditors of a company that he has nothing to do with!

He never even had any dealings with these companies!

Back