Two Amazing Men

I agree 100%. I'm currently attempting to follow Rob's example and respond politely to negative comments. It was ok i guess, didn't hurt one bit!

Peace of mind doesn't come from having less problems -
It comes from being less critical.
Keep up the good work Vincenzo.

Do you know what the term 'leg up' means?

There are thousands of 'fairly ordinary chaps' who have done well. And very well from a modest beginning. Not devaluing Rob one bit but there are millions of great stories.

Well then, perhaps the reporters could find some more. I am happy to read about some more.

I don't think it is Rob's fault that reporters "find him". Perhaps they are too lazy to find anyone else.

Its not critical or negative.

Its asking questions. People only avoid questions and embrace only the 'positive' when they are either delusional or have something to hide. I'm sure you guys are neither.

Successful people ask questions. And are not afraid to answer them.

Do you guys know who Mal Emery is?

People only avoid questions and embrace only the 'positive' when they are either delusional or have something to hide.
Do you really believe those that choose to embrace the positive side of life/investing/attitude/health/whatever are delusional?
Or are crooks??

Peace of mind doesn't come from having less problems -
It comes from being less critical.
Keep up the good work Vincenzo.

I'm very critical! :D I feel that i have to be, and when i've fully analysed something, then i'm really relaxed about it, because i know it's all good.

I didn't say 'choose to embrace the positive side of life'. I choose to embrace the positive side of life and i'm not delusional. HAHA!

I said 'People avoid questions and embrace only the 'positive' when they are either delusional or have something to hide. I'm sure you guys are neither'

Big difference.

Do you really believe those that choose to embrace the positive side of life/investing/attitude/health/whatever are delusional?
Or are crooks??

So when my developments are complete and extremely +ve, and funding my lifestyle and further investments, do i have to continue working? Damn.

I agree 100%. I'm currently attempting to follow Rob's example and respond politely to negative comments. It was ok i guess, didn't hurt one bit!

So according to what you posted, if a person's developments are already done, than it gives them the right to tell others to STFU?
If I have more assets than someone else, I should tell them to STFU in reply to any questions instead of discussing, debating or arguing details and methodologies?
And dismiss not agreeing with someone else'e method as a "negative comment"?
Gee Vincenzo, do you sell offspring for cattle & goats as well?

----
As for Mal Emery, I burned some $$ on some of his cheaper products many years ago.

----
wylie, being able to contribute 3k a month to bank payments is not "ordinary" for most ordinary folk.
---
Most of my original post was about the self proclaimed options expert trader, according to himself, and non trader full of BS talker according to myself.

Daniel was amazing, we had over 100 last night and lot's of excitement in the air... That is reality. Opinions are not.

Yes, it is amazing how much that talk about making millions in a few months mesmerises the masses and sends them rushing for their credit card to pay only $4000 to find out how.

So does he trade or not?
And if so does he have an audited tracke record or statements?

So according to what you posted, if a person's developments are already done, than it gives them the right to tell others to STFU?

My original desire was to see someone tell you to STFU, with your absolutely unwarranted negativity. No-where have i implied that having completed profitable developments gives anyone the right to tell others to STFU. You've come to that twisted conclusion all by yourself.

Rob, don't take this the wrong way. But of all the hundreds and thousands of very successful property investors, business people, multi millionaires, billionaires etc etc. Why are people so interested in your story?

I have a friend who's in his mid/late 30's, kicked out of school in yr. 9, no tertiary education, no leg up, he's a nett multi, multi millionaire. No one even knows about him. There are thousands and thousands like him. How does that work?

I think it works because some people actively seek out attention from media outlets.
Perhaps Rob and others that have been profiled in API can confirm, but i think you'll find they initiated the contact with API. How else would they know about them to write an article?

Daniel was amazing, we had over 100 last night and lot's of excitement in the air... That is reality. Opinions are not.

:rolleyes: i think you'll find opinions can be reality as well.

Perhaps Rob and others that have been profiled in API can confirm, but i think you'll find they initiated the contact with API. How else would they know about them to write an article.
Not uncommon for journalists (in this case, from API) to source out people from sites such as this one ;).

Regards
Marty

Not uncommon for journalists (in this case, from API) to source out people from sites such as this one ;).

Regards
Marty

ahhh ok, i didn't realise API were scouring this site and sending PM's to people requesting an interview.

I guess that also answers evand's question why super successful people aren't profiled because they probably don't have time to write about their success on public internet forums. Most API readers are probably more interested in reading about the little guys that they can emulate.

Originally Posted by Piston Broke View Post
wylie, being able to contribute 3k a month to bank payments is not "ordinary" for most ordinary folk.

Can you point out where I said it was "ordinary"?

Do you mean here ?

I think that apart from being already on a database and easily accessible for another story with a different slant, the interest is possibly that you are NOT a multi mega millionaire, but a fairly "ordinary" (no slight intended) chap who has done well.

Surely that is more inspiring to other "ordinary" people who see that they can follow a similar path?

I know I love those types of stories rather than the stories of mega multi millionaires who I have no desire to emulate. I would much rather read about someone who is doing what is "do-able".

ahhh ok, i didn't realise API were scouring this site and sending PM's to people requesting an interview.

I guess that also answers evand's question why super successful people aren't profiled because they probably don't have time to write about their success on public internet forums. Most API readers are probably more interested in reading about the little guys that they can emulate.
I have been interviewed in the past. Tv and magazine. Back before the "business" cut short my property investment.

I expressed surprise that anybody was interested in the little I had achieved (at that stage two IPs and a block of 9 1br units). The response was that people were more interested in people who had achieved a little than who had achieved a lot. That made them feel that they could also achieve the same.

I think they call that relatability :)

....or if you are on step 3 of the property ladder, lovely to hear of people doing stuff on level 4, whilst hearing about someone on step 9 either bores you to tears or deflates you completely.

....or, if you are proud of being an 80 Watt bulb, you would admire a 100W bulb.....but you'd probably be peeved to stand next to a Mean Mutha Spotlight.

.....or,

My original desire was to see someone tell you to STFU, with your absolutely unwarranted negativity. No-where have i implied that having completed profitable developments gives anyone the right to tell others to STFU. You've come to that twisted conclusion all by yourself.

Fair enough, then why don't you tell me yourself and argue your point?
True, I can be negative on paying 250wk to own an IP unless it's worth 800k+. Having five is'nt any better, and claiming "ordinary" person is just not the case either.

Though I am very positive that the objective of investing is to have those investments pay me, and not I pay them, at most within a few years of purchasing them. Even for houses on large blocks, even though they may require some extra payments.
Unless it is vacant land purchased dirt cheap (;)), future residential and close to residential developments subsidised by other positive cashflow investments.
I'm also very positive that when the time is right, these deals appear.
When the time is not right, better do something else. Time is on my side.
And imo 5-10% max of nett wealth is all that should be invested in financial markets, the rest being RE.

So if anyone thinks I've got it the wrong way round, please advise me of my misguided beliefs and point my on the straight & narrow path to eternal salvation.

It aint the first time I posted this either.

I'm also positive that Daniel does not make with his own money the returns he's blurted out for many years.

And imo 5-10% max of nett wealth is all that should be invested in financial markets, the rest being RE.

That's an interesting comment PB, what's your reasoning behind this?

I'm not a fan of financial markets either.

Also, have you done much speculative landbanking in your investing career?

Thanks.

(Sorry, bit of topic)

So did he do that?
Do you really think "double up for 9 trades" is a good strategy?
Did he turn 2k into 2 mil, not once but twice?
Can Danny boy put his money where his mouth is and me back in my box?

A deafening silence to a very reasonable question. If someone makes these types of claims they should stump up the proof. Otherwise it didn't happen! That can be the only reasonable conclusion to a lack of proof. This guy is drawing a commercial benefit from his claims - he has to substantiate them properly. And if that hasn't happened, then I would be very careful about associating myself with him in any way...

But I'm broad minded enough to read what anybody is doing and curious enough to look at how they are doing it.
Something is better than nothing, but experience shows some ways are better than others.
you can learn from other's experience, or pay for your own.

So in the interest of learning from other's experience, would you be happy to share your story PB? If you already have on the forum (I could easily have missed it) then please just point me in the right direction... I too agree the best info is free from people who don't need to make a living from the "story" but we rely on those people to spill the beans to make this forum work! :)

It's such a shame this thread has become "positive vs negative". People asking legitimate questions are not being negative. And people who believe strongly in the law of attraction etc are not necessarily all full of hot air either! Maybe we should just try sticking to the facts...

Back