Ultimate Medicine Thread

All things Medicine go in this thread as long as other threads don't deviate to medicine talk...

...Let the discussions begin....

Paging china :D

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :eek:

I'm off to Doctors R Us forum to hopefully learn a bit about property investing :p

What's the difference between god and a doctor ?

God doesn't think he's a doctor.....

I can say this being a doctor and I have told this too many patients over the years .

Sad thing is that for some parts of the profession it's true .

I can't watch RPA. Having been a student there . My take on many of the doctors there was that because they were very good at what they did , they felt that made them better people than others where as they were just good at a particular set of skills . Often they were egotistical as....oles .

Having said that I have met many highly skilled and humble members of my profession who leave me in awe with their dedication .

......end rant fueled by a very nice bottle of Pinot Gris at the end of a hard days IP hunting in brisvagas ..... Sigh .......now to the important question . which ones do we make offers on ?

Cliff

In the Friday night tradition of side-tracking threads, which suburbs do you like now that you are up here, See Change?

brew Homicide still :)

ta

rolf

No longer brewing the beer you would have had Rolf . Now onto alcoholic ginger beer ......
:cool:
David , now 19 has just worked out that he and his friends like it , so I'm going to crank up production and co opt some assistant brewers to help in the home micro brewery business.

Cliff

I've got a query - always been curious about it and this thread seems like a great place to ask.

There have been many medical television shows that have become popular - House, Grey's Anatomy, Scrubs etc...

Which of them most accurately portrays life in hospital?

Personally I like House, followed the tv series for many seasons. However I cannot help but think that in real life, a grumpy, rude doctor who doesn't usually follow hospital protocol could retain a medical career.

Thoughts would be appreciated :)

I've got a query - always been curious about it and this thread seems like a great place to ask.

There have been many medical television shows that have become popular - House, Grey's Anatomy, Scrubs etc...

Which of them most accurately portrays life in hospital?

Personally I like House, followed the tv series for many seasons. However I cannot help but think that in real life, a grumpy, rude doctor who doesn't usually follow hospital protocol could retain a medical career.

Thoughts would be appreciated :)
umm....none.

Ask any nurse. (My wife is one)

Every one of them is jazzed up for the sake of entertainment and ratings.

But, if you can ignore that and merely watch it for the sake of entertainment, then good.

For accuracy, watch RPA etc.

I'm allergic to the glues on sticky plaster. I break out into an itchy rash. I'm post op 5 weeks now (3 hernia repairs and gall bladder removal by keyhole surgery). Pain, movement, wound healing etc all going good. My dressings however are still red, sore, square/oblong areas with a couple being quite bruised from all the scratching. I even took the dressings off early as they was making me quite miserable.

Pre op you are asked by about 6 different people the same questions - name, age, what are you here for, any allergies etc. Every time I told them about my reaction to the glue -one even said, "yeah, lots of people are effected by the glue". I said, "you're still going to put it on me though aren't you?" To which she replied, "of course; we have to put something on you!" What a ridiculous situation! :mad:

Are the plaster people aware their glues cause this problem? Have they pinpointed what the ingredient is? Are they trying to improve their product? Is there any pressure being applied by the various health people/government to rectify this problem?

Over the recent years I can't stand certain perfumes and get sneezy/allergic. Even the Dior perfumes which I was quite immune to..

Back