Under $300k in VIC?!

Thanks Sconti... I know this board loves frankston, I don't know much of this area, but I saw an article recently, that said that frankston might be one of the more riskiest at the moment...

I tend to agree...very unfortunately.

Thanks Sconti... I know this board loves frankston, I don't know much of this area, but I saw an article recently, that said that frankston might be one of the more riskiest at the moment...

I tend to agree...very unfortunately.

You tend to agree - I don't know much of this area. Believe everything you read? GOLD!

Hi Meister,

Perhap this may help....

The Property Professor's Top Australian Suburbs
By Peter Koulizos
RRP $34.95
Available in all bookstores

Real estate expert Peter Koulizos' new book, Top Australian Suburbs, tells investors which suburbs across Australia have the best capital growth potential over the next 20 years.

The book outlines each suburb's types and styles of housing, and local and state government plans for improving the suburb and surrounding areas, but what makes the book so important for investors is that it focuses on suburbs that are currently undervalued and lists streets within the suburbs which will reap the largest rewards.

We have the top 20 suburbs from Melbourne, Sydney, Adelaide, Queensland; the top two suburbs in Canberra and Darwin; and the top three suburbs in Hobart.

Here are Peter's top picks for best suburbs in Australia.

Melbourne: Abbotsford, Braybrook, Brunswick, Brunswick east, Carrum, Chelsea, Coburg, Collingwood, Cremorne, Flemington, Footscray,
Frankston, Geelong, Kensington, Maidstone, Mordialloc, Seaford, Seddon, West Footscray, Yarraville

Believe everything you read?

Sconti you hit the nail on the head.

Property meister - with all the indecision we're hearing, you;re sounding more like "mice" than "meister".

You're doing a straw poll on this site without doing any of your own due diligence.Are you waiting for enough people to agree with you / name a suburb that you are waiting to hear come up? If the latter, then just give us the postcode and we will give you our opinion.

Meanwhile, you have been given 5-6 suburbs that people repeatedly suggest are good value.

Why don't you go and check these out for yourself, with a checklist of your specific requirements, rate each of the specifics for each area, pick two/three pockets that feel comfortable based on your results and get on with it?

As you said earlier, you haven't been to Frankston in 15 years. I've only been in Australia for 2 and go to a different suburb in greater Melbourne every month to get a feel for it.

You can't buy on the end of a remote control.

Before I purchased in Frankston North I did over 30 trips down to the area, inspected over 50 properties. I walked the streets day and night, went to the local pub and shops during the day and night, researched statistics on the internet, spoke with local agents and the local council about future works. I was looking for a House under $250k
My other options were Geelong, Melton, Werribee, Cranbourne, Dandenong, Hampton Park, Carrum Downs & Lalor.

After checking out all the other suburbs mentioned above Frankston North was the obvious choice. Just had to take one look at the beach at the end of Seaford Rd and it was obvious.....

It's a long term plan and a conservative start in the market for me.
Hoping it pays off in the end, time will tell.

Back