Underpinning and Termite Issue in Goodna, Redbank

Hi All,

I had posted this thread in the "Other forum" but did not get any response so re-posting it here as it may be more appropriate here...

Looking at a property in Redbank, Goodna area and have come to know that there was some underpinning work on a wall done 10 years ago. No further issues or any other such work has been done after that to this property and nothing else which is visible to me.

There was also some termite found in one corner of the property. This was treated promptly and tested every year. I have the required paperwork which shows the termite inspections being done every year.

Obviously if i go on to buy i will do my own independent Building and Pest inspection...

I will like to know how much of an issue are these two above things while buying. Should be clearly just avoid this property as it might have issues in future or should i pursue with my due diligence. Do these two issue have an effect on the property prices even if they have been remedied effectively years ago???

Thanks in advance...

I would suggest those two problems are extremely common. And, even though everyone panics at the T-word (and rightly so), I remember reading somewhere that the reality is 1 in 12 houses will have some sort of termite issue at some point.

Your pest and building inspection will be able to give you more info on the status of the house (and the rest of the walls etc) but I would suggest that if those come back reactively ok you may have 2 huge swords with which to negotiate a sizeable discount :D

Incidentally don't forget to consider future flooding and how much getting insurance might cost you ..yet another thing to work into your offer price :cool:

Back