US real estate market

hi
I have a few real estates sending me info and they is so much it a bit unreal
the cap rates are all over the place so it not easy to understand why some are up for sale
add to that they say vendor is open to negotiation
we are looking at and going for the have a mortgage that can be assigned
these are the hardest to do so they are also the ones that they want to do a deal.
the interest is low with a high cap rate but the funder just wnats to fund someone else as the vendor is bleeding more the a blood donor.
areas are a bit different for us as we ned to have not only a vendor but a bird dogger in the same area.

Hey,

I was thinking about this the other day. I am an incredibly novice investor only having 1IP. I will be looking to purchase another in the next 3 - 6 months and find the US market very interesting and profitable.

I will have between $450 - $500,000 available in the 3 - 6 months time. I am only 22 yrs old and haven’t been in my job for a huge amount of time so I'm not able to fly over and inspect the properties myself.

Just recently I have found a 57 unit complex for sale by owner for $550,000. Currently 80% occupied returning 34% or 18% after all expenses. Live in manager and maintenance. New plumbing, hot water systems, boiler, elevator and interior renovations inside each unit.

What problems would 1 encounter with something like this?

Probably best for me 2 stay away from these until I have a lot more experience though...right? Just seems to be so many good deals out there!

Last edited:
funny - you don't always have to travel to find out what a neighbourhood is like.

distressed sale.

$450k sale - 25% vendor finance at 7%.

36 units, Dallas - TX.

Google Maps image - bit run down - needs a small reno.

Attachments

• funny_USA_01a.JPG
    funny_USA_01a.JPG
    69.2 KB · Views: 86
walking down the road staring at the Google Maps car - and yes, i think that dude is holding a bourbon can, towing his daughter.

pass.

Attachments

• funny_USA_01b.JPG
    funny_USA_01b.JPG
    89.4 KB · Views: 95
walking down the road staring at the Google Maps car - and yes, i think that dude is holding a bourbon can, towing his daughter.

pass.

Could be any below median suburban neighbourhood or housing commission precinct in Australia...........or, he could be exercising to lose weight and that refreshment could be a can of Pepsi Max :p :D

pass.

I find it interesting that the wheels on the cart are blurred out.

I guess Google must blur out anything that may look like a face automatically :eek:

Back