Value in QPIA qualification?

Hi All,

Would be interested in both consumer and professional opinions on the value of a QPIA (Qualified Property Investment Advisor) accreditation through PIPA?

http://www.pipa.asn.au/Content.aspx?PKID=6

Firstly is anyone a member? If not why not? Do fellow professionals really even care about PIPA? Do any consumers look for this qualification in their advisors? Or is it just another fluff piece like the PBAAA with its two members, who also conveniently set it up?

I am looking to do the full accreditation diploma both to enhance my knowledge on a personal level and to complement my professional activities as a migration agent and more recent venture into buyers agency.

The course does seem fairly steep though at around $3K.

Hi All,

Would be interested in both consumer and professional opinions on the value of a QPIA (Qualified Property Investment Advisor) accreditation through PIPA?

http://www.pipa.asn.au/Content.aspx?PKID=6

Firstly is anyone a member? If not why not? Do fellow professionals really even care about PIPA? Do any consumers look for this qualification in their advisors? Or is it just another fluff piece like the PBAAA with its two members, who also conveniently set it up?

I am looking to do the full accreditation diploma both to enhance my knowledge on a personal level and to complement my professional activities as a migration agent and more recent venture into buyers agency.

The course does seem fairly steep though at around $3K.

I don't think many have it because most advisers are shonks. The way to make big bucks is by selling people crappy new house and land packages or over priced units in innapropriate areas and taking hefty commissions. Im sure this course would cover independence which for saggers and co is not their forte.
I think in the future people might look for the qualification ( similiar to an accountant) but really there is no consumer awareness in this field. 90% of people will happily get ripped off
I have thought about doing it to but I wonder if property investing will really be a big thing in the future. The higher the prices go the less achievable it is as yields will start to get too low
Noodle maybe we could make our own professional body - its a good wrought just ask mr CPA - $900 per subject * 6 plus ongoing membership of about $600 per year
All you get in the subjects is a folder which you read at home. The. You go sit an exam after 12 weeks

Back