Venus Bay (Block Of Land)

Does your property have views of Lake Eildon? Does the area have bushfire risk?

It does have views of the Lake. That was one of the reasons I liked the particular place.

The surrounding forest has been cut down. I have recently joined a fire tree, which is where the next person calls the person below in case of fire. I think the fire risk is minimal. My fire plan is not to be there. If I am, then we go the 500m to the Mansfield/Goughs Bay boat club on the banks of the lake.

It does have views of the Lake. That was one of the reasons I liked the particular place.
Congratulations on your purchase!

From photos, Lake Eildon looks very nice. I must go there one day :)

Can you rent your property to holidaymakers? Are there many staying tourists?

Congratulations on your purchase!

From photos, Lake Eildon looks very nice. I must go there one day :)

Can you rent your property to holidaymakers? Are there many staying tourists?

I sort of discovered the area a few years ago. My wife likes the snow. I dont particularly like freezing my butt of and paying alot of money for the priviledge. So i looked around the high country and believe I have discovered the best of both worlds. The lake (provided we get more rain) for the summer and Mt Buller for winter.

Once my renovation is complete, I intend to list with Mansfield holiday letting and do my own listing on stayz.com

I dont know how successful i will be in getting holiday tenants, but it will be available all year round.

Hi All,
I just spent 7 days at Venus Bay - very relaxing. There were "For Sale" signs everywhere so it must be mad selling season or there is bad news we don't know about. A VB local stated the former and that it was always like that at this time of year for out-of-towners who dreamed too much. Price depends on estate or proximity and size but a number of blocks around 100K.
Apart from family, I went there because it was readily available at very short notice at $800/wk, so demand must have been low. My mate has a place at San Remo for $1700 and then it became unavailable when I wanted it.
My observations/impressions over that time were:
-2.5 hr drive from melb too tiresome for weekenders
-Eco-friendly, family-friendly destination but VERY available and VERY seasonal. In a tourism downturn, I think it would get hit very hard (and apparently blows a gale in Winter)
-house near Andersons Inlet was a few Kms from the shops
-a handful of shops, three of which were RE Agents and a couple with average food with long waits
-Tarwin Lower is yet another few Kms from the Venus Bay shops. (The pub there has city prices and average steaks)
-no piped water
-no sewerage (and none touted for about 20years)
-no garbage collection. I had to pay $3.50 and wait up to 10 minutes to dispose of rubbish about 10 am
- unsealed smaller roads
-rates comparable to Melb rates for absolutely the nothing
-i'm really glad someone mentioned the Sandflies because I thought i might appear trivial but they and mossies were always preventing a great time at dusk.
-one access road
-the wineries and cheeses out of the braoder area are amazing but is under-represented in VB.
I'm starting to look coastal now but it won't be VB.

Hi Legs,

Just bought some blocks in Inverloch. Am looking to build, hold on to them and rent them out and take advantage of the wonderful rental returns currently being offered at the moment. After doing some research i think I will have no problem getting $600 P/W each for them.

I am sure there will be some nice capital growth over the next few years also, the people I have spoke to recently say that they have never seen Inverloch quite like it.

Happy days to be had in Inverloch me thinks.

Cheers,

FB

Just bought some blocks in Inverloch. Am looking to build, hold on to them and rent them out and take advantage of the wonderful rental returns currently being offered at the moment. After doing some research i think I will have no problem getting $600 P/W each for them.

I am sure there will be some nice capital growth over the next few years also, the people I have spoke to recently say that they have never seen Inverloch quite like it.

Is this due to the desalination plant?

well done FB, can you just throw up some figures for us, just to see what sort of yield you are getting/gotten?

PM,

The blocks are around $175,000 each, cost to build a 4 bdr 2 bath around about $200k + fees ( Stamp Duty etc) = $400k approx.

Value of Property once Finished = $450k +

Rent Return $550+ PW

I don't think there will be any blocks left in a couple of months they way things are going. One Real Estate Agency I was talking to yesterday said thay had sold 9 this week.

While I think the Desal Plant has had an impact, I think Inverloch is appealing to people from Melbourne and suurounds who are looking to retire or looking for a weekend getaway for the family. It has a safe beach for the kids and also a surf beach and is great fishing, skiing, windsurfing etc.

It's all about supply and demand and at the moment they cant release enough land to keep up with the demand, which only means one thing doesnt it?

Tell your friends!!!

Built a house two yrs ago for 360k total (everything including landscaping), just sold for 520k.
People dont want to build, they want a finished house. If YOU build you can put 50-100k on it straight up, no issues.

I have now two blocks too, Got a new house nearly completed and bought anouther 1166m2 block for 220k. A bargain considering.

My thoughts are that melbourne is growing mainly east, south eastwards.
What safe beaches are there to swim on this side of melbourne? Cowes, too many surfies, peninsula, not very safe, but Inverloch has a great beach, safe enough to walk out 100m and its still waste deep and plans to build a $2 million life saving club on it approved lately. Jet skiers love the inlet and kitesurfers love the breezes. Great fishing for king george whiting, the best table fish in Australia and salmon in the winter.

The cost of our last house works out that the rent well and truly covers the
interest until rates hit 8%. So it is +ly geared at the moment.
I intend to spend some money landscaping and improving it though.

I plan in long term to keep a holiday house here if we ever move away, its just too nice a place at the moment. Hope it doesnt change. The caravan park on beachfront land just sold for $9million aparantly. Its not huge either.

Rental prices will stay high as holiday makers pay 3-4k a week during summer now for a 3-4 bed. Blocks are running out and the 10 yr plan for Inverloch is very restrictive. All new development runs north away from the surf. So get in close while you can.

Lets rock Inverloch.

PM,

The blocks are around $175,000 each, cost to build a 4 bdr 2 bath around about $200k + fees ( Stamp Duty etc) = $400k approx.

Value of Property once Finished = $450k +

Rent Return $550+ PW

I don't think there will be any blocks left in a couple of months they way things are going. One Real Estate Agency I was talking to yesterday said thay had sold 9 this week.

While I think the Desal Plant has had an impact, I think Inverloch is appealing to people from Melbourne and suurounds who are looking to retire or looking for a weekend getaway for the family. It has a safe beach for the kids and also a surf beach and is great fishing, skiing, windsurfing etc.

It's all about supply and demand and at the moment they cant release enough land to keep up with the demand, which only means one thing doesnt it?

Check out AV Jennings BOB, will build there for melb Metro price +2.5k. Bargain compared to locals.

Legs - AVJ +4.5k nowadays for Inverloch. Still very good compared to others.

Really? Funny because we are half way through ours, signed contracts in June. Maybe it was because we were building two (one was bro in laws) and they had another in the same street at the same time also.
Or maybe they have tightened their strings... i se they have dropped their Dream Package also. Was too good to last.

We Love Venus Bay

Hey Matt,

We Brought A Beautiful Cottage In Venus Bay On A Lovely Big Block Nearly Two Years Ago Now. No Regrets!! Its A Magic Place To Be Even When The Wind Is Blowing, Personaly I Dont Think Many Coastal Places Are Free From Wind As The Saying Goes You Get Good Sea Breezes. We Have Just Spent Two Weeks There Over Easter The Days Were Sunny And Calm Almost Ever Day.

The Blocks In Venus Have Risen In Price In The Last 2 Years At Least By 25,000,00 Including Houses When We Were Looking You Could Buy A House In Venus For Under 200k But It Would Need A Bit Of Work Now It Seems That Most Of The Homes Are Starting Around The 230k Mark. There Has Been Alot Of New Homes Built In The Area And This Seems To Be On The Increase.

We Believe Venus Is One Of Those Little Places That Hasnt Been Discovered By The Masses Yet. All The Other Coastal Coastal Properties Are Bringing Melbourne Prices And I Believe That Venus Will Catch Up With Inverloch In A Few Years.
Venus Is Attracting More People. We Love Venus Because It Has Beautiful Beaches And A Lovely Rural Aspect That Allows You To Have A Restfull Holiday Without Fighting For A Car Park Or A Quiet Patch On The Beach.
Alot Of Work Has Occurred Since We Brought 2 Years Ago.
A New Play Area As You Come Into Venus, New Car Park Development At The Surf Beach Which Included New Car Park, Bench Seats To View The Great Sunsets, New Walk Ways For Pedestrians, Licenced Fish And Chippery. A 12 Month Trial Bus Route That Travels From Leongatha To Venus Bay And Back During Week Days.

Anyway I Know I Am Waffaling A Bit But If You Like The Area Spend Some Time Looking At The Blocks Contact The South Gippsland Councils To Find Out About Any Covernants The Only Ones That I Am Aware Of Are No Cutting Downs Indigenoius Plants.
I Hope This Has Given You Food For Thought.
Venus Bay Is Great!!!!!!!!!!!!:

Thanks Bugalugs

Hi Guys,

My late grandparents moved to Venus Bay 24 years ago.

Me and my sister then visited on holidays for years and also took our friends to stay. I have the best memories growing up on my holidays in Venus Bay and think that the simple things can be the most beautiful. You dont need a heap of shops to have a great time and if thats the case then buy an apartment in the City.

We are currently building a house are looking forward to taking our family and friends up over the holidays.

Also in 24 years i cant ever remember getting bitten by any big flys or mozzies ( If you want them go to GOLDEN BEACH) but i can remember the loads of Kangas around the inlet on sunset and on the beach on sunrise "GOLD"

With Inverlock prices constantly rising well faster than inflation. Where will people go? I know and I might see you thier one day.

Cheers

Rusty

Hi Guys,

Me and my sister then visited on holidays for years and also took our friends to stay. I have the best memories growing up on my holidays in Venus Bay and think that the simple things can be the most beautiful. You dont need a heap of shops to have a great time and if thats the case then buy an apartment in the City.

We are currently building a house are looking forward to taking our family and friends up over the holidays.

Also in 24 years i cant ever remember getting bitten by any big flys or mozzies ( If you want them go to GOLDEN BEACH) but i can remember the loads of Kangas around the inlet on sunset and on the beach on sunrise "GOLD"

With Inverlock prices constantly rising well faster than inflation. Where will people go? I know and I might see you thier one day.

Cheers

Rusty

Hi Rusty,
Sounds great. We live in Inverloch and are onto our 3rd house in 4 yrs. This one will be a keeper I'm told by the missus..lol. Then I reckon I might even look into venus bay as I reckon Invy prices have peaked for a while now. Blocks are all 200k+ for a 650m+ size. Your right as far as people being priced out of here, they will move on to Venus Bay, it's not that much more of a drive if your coming from melbourne, look how far people go down the surf coast and their house prices!
Who ya building with? Coldon Homes?

Hi Guys,

Cheers

Rusty

Hey Rusty,
Are you in the first or second estate?
Do you know which one is most popular?
I was told first estate is better.
I wonder if a bridge will ever be built across the river from Inverloch.
That part of Inverloch reminds me alot of Barwon Heads where the bridge goes across to Ocean Grove.

Hey Rusty,
Are you in the first or second estate?
Do you know which one is most popular?
I was told first estate is better.
I wonder if a bridge will ever be built across the river from Inverloch.
That part of Inverloch reminds me alot of Barwon Heads where the bridge goes across to Ocean Grove.

They'll never put a bridge accross as Point Smythe as the sands move too much accross there. Also it is a national park i believe. Would be great though, it would save 30minutes drive around the Inlet. If they do, or say they are going to, I'll be buying up blocks quick and fast!!

I'm going to have to take what Bugs and Rusty say with a grain of salt as they both have 1 post to their names and could be REA opening up multiple accounts to promote the area.

I think I'd rather use my $80k to fund an investment that will throw off the cash to pay for holidays to different locations around the Country each year....

Can never understand why people want to lock into one joint forever with one holiday home.

There is so much more to see out there.

Went to Venus Bay once to stay in a mate's holiday house. Very basic place.

Nice spot, nice (dangerous) ocean beaches, but a long drive and few amenities if you get sick or have an emergency.

We had a good time; the March flies were a big problem, glad I went there, but won't be back.

I throw darts at the map and find somewhere else to visit.

Last edited:
Back