Venus Bay (Block Of Land)

I think I'd rather use my $80k to fund an investment that will throw off the cash to pay for holidays to different locations around the Country each year....

Can never understand why people want to lock into one joint forever with one holiday home.

There is so much more to see out there.

Went to Venus Bay once to stay in a mate's holiday house. Very basic place.

Nice spot, nice (dangerous) ocean beaches, but a long drive and few amenities if you get sick or have an emergency.

We had a good time; the March flies were a big problem, glad I went there, but won't be back.

I throw darts at the map and find somewhere else to visit.

Long drive? 2hr max from melbourne, 1.5 from eastern burbs.
Very safe beaches...patrolled and flat.
March flies very rare to find now... mossies too, if you dont have stagnant water lying around your house... (some of the house are very old and overgrown)
Wonthaggi...30min away... has a large hospital with 24hr emergency department.

I suggest you return and have a closer look. Gone ahead a fair bit last few years. potential for cap growth is very good IMHO.

Long drive? 2hr max from melbourne, 1.5 from eastern burbs.
Very safe beaches...patrolled and flat.
March flies very rare to find now... mossies too, if you dont have stagnant water lying around your house... (some of the house are very old and overgrown)
Wonthaggi...30min away... has a large hospital with 24hr emergency department.

I suggest you return and have a closer look. Gone ahead a fair bit last few years. potential for cap growth is very good IMHO.

Yes, must admit; it was a number of years ago when we were there. It was when Pete Sampras won that marathon 5 setter against Jim Courier and Pete was in tears because he found out his coach (Tim Gullickson) had recently been diagnosed with cancer.

I'll go for another drive down there.

Shhhhh !

Hey Matt,

We Brought A Beautiful Cottage In Venus Bay On A Lovely Big Block Nearly Two Years Ago Now. No Regrets!! Its A Magic Place To Be Even When The Wind Is Blowing, Personaly I Dont Think Many Coastal Places Are Free From Wind As The Saying Goes You Get Good Sea Breezes. We Have Just Spent Two Weeks There Over Easter The Days Were Sunny And Calm Almost Ever Day.

The Blocks In Venus Have Risen In Price In The Last 2 Years At Least By 25,000,00 Including Houses When We Were Looking You Could Buy A House In Venus For Under 200k But It Would Need A Bit Of Work Now It Seems That Most Of The Homes Are Starting Around The 230k Mark. There Has Been Alot Of New Homes Built In The Area And This Seems To Be On The Increase.

We Believe Venus Is One Of Those Little Places That Hasnt Been Discovered By The Masses Yet. All The Other Coastal Coastal Properties Are Bringing Melbourne Prices And I Believe That Venus Will Catch Up With Inverloch In A Few Years.
Venus Is Attracting More People. We Love Venus Because It Has Beautiful Beaches And A Lovely Rural Aspect That Allows You To Have A Restfull Holiday Without Fighting For A Car Park Or A Quiet Patch On The Beach.
Alot Of Work Has Occurred Since We Brought 2 Years Ago.
A New Play Area As You Come Into Venus, New Car Park Development At The Surf Beach Which Included New Car Park, Bench Seats To View The Great Sunsets, New Walk Ways For Pedestrians, Licenced Fish And Chippery. A 12 Month Trial Bus Route That Travels From Leongatha To Venus Bay And Back During Week Days.

Anyway I Know I Am Waffaling A Bit But If You Like The Area Spend Some Time Looking At The Blocks Contact The South Gippsland Councils To Find Out About Any Covernants The Only Ones That I Am Aware Of Are No Cutting Downs Indigenoius Plants.
I Hope This Has Given You Food For Thought.
Venus Bay Is Great!!!!!!!!!!!!:

Thanks Bugalugs

Don't tell anyone else............

I must admit there are few sad sacks here who probably wouldn't leave the fly wire of their city verandah.

Don't tell anyone else............

I must admit there are few sad sacks here who probably wouldn't leave the fly wire of their city verandah.

Rusty, Bugalugs & yourself all first posts eh? Not selling much down that way at the moment. Get real!

the bass coast area has absolutely boomed over the past 2 years.... especially the last 12 mths..
Maybe due to desalination project, who knows...so to say the area is not selling, well the doubters can stay away and we'll continue to make the $$$

Back