virginia/banyo/zillmere/

Hi there,

can people with some local knowledge give me some insight in the differences between these suburbs ?

i note virginia is the most expensive of the 3, closer to the city, near nicer suburbs like nundah/wavell heights.

banyo has industrial area near it so maybe why prices are lower, lots of the houses look very old.

Zillmere, lots of areas where you can build units.....seems rougher than the other 2 susburbs. Maybe oversupply of units ? but its near chermside ,

where would you pick for best capital gain ?

There is not a lot of difference between these 3 suburbs as they are all about same distance to CBD, all are close to good transport and all have good, not so good sections. Zillmere definitely has it's rougher sections but so have Banyo and Virginia. There are parts of Zillmere which do have an over abundance of units but there are many streets which are as good as it's neighboring Aspley. If you can find a decent property in a decent street, go for it especially if you are holding it long term.

There are parts of Zillmere which do have an over abundance of units but there are many streets which are as good as it's neighboring Aspley. If you can find a decent property in a decent street, go for it especially if you are holding it long term.
What do you think about Zillmere Rd near the Zillmere station and IGA? Decent area for a long term hold?

What do you think about Zillmere Rd near the Zillmere station and IGA? Decent area for a long term hold?

Too many units for my liking. I prefer the areas about 400 metres further away where there are less units.

If you look at the other side of the station you will find less development and more family type homes.

Too many units for my liking. I prefer the areas about 400 metres further away where there are less units.

If you look at the other side of the station you will find less development and more family type homes.

Yes, I already came to the same conclusion and passed up on the townhouse I was looking at, but it is good to get a supporting opinion.

Back