WA - are you ready...?

Ummmm - Yes - is there anything else in West Perth? :)

homer-doh.png

Ummmm - Yes - is there anything else in West Perth? :)

I work on rail big project Roy hill mine 500km of railway line to be built also fmg are planning on doing another 200 k track

all pilbara and all construction

i say it will fluctuate like property I suppose there will be other booms in mining and quieter times

I work on rail big project Roy hill mine 500km of railway line to be built also fmg are planning on doing another 200 k track

all pilbara and all construction

i say it will fluctuate like property I suppose there will be other booms in mining and quieter times

Roy Hill is still in early works. I notice the deadline for it to receive debt funding has just been extended again to the end of the year. So equity partners have stumped up another $200m to keep the juggernaut going in the meantime. Hopefully the market for iron ore looks a bit better by then...

Roy Hill is still in early works. I notice the deadline for it to receive debt funding has just been extended again to the end of the year. So equity partners have stumped up another $200m to keep the juggernaut going in the meantime. Hopefully the market for iron ore looks a bit better by then...

My company lost rail project rail will start by end of year I'm on the ground

not looking too shabby as it is... what price are you hoping for??

My company lost rail project rail will start by end of year I'm on the ground

I think you need to read up on the difference between "early works" and "final investment decision / financial close". Roy Hill is still in the former...

Ausprop - that's a question for their bankers? Who of course will say they only consider long term iron ore price forecasts, not the spot price. The problem is those long term price forecasts keep changing whenever the spot price changes! It's a black art...

I think you need to read up on the difference between "early works" and "final investment decision / financial close". Roy Hill is still in the former...

Ausprop - that's a question for their bankers? Who of course will say they only consider long term iron ore price forecasts, not the spot price. The problem is those long term price forecasts keep changing whenever the spot price changes! It's a black art...

What there going to build 500km of new rail they can't use fmg or bhp rail network

sorry I thought I might of known there building 500 k track and John Hollands have one tender
That's not early works building 500 k of track

it's propably the biggest part of the project building the rail and they will need 200 people to do that sort of job and that's the rail side

then there's all the infrastructure to be built and the earthworks I don't now what it says on the web about the project but on the ground the rail will have to start soon to build 500 k by halfway through 2015.

This is just what I now from working on the ground and as skilled rail worker they need people to start the major works of the rail won't start to start of next year but u have to start getting everything in place mobilise people

that's pritty much ready to start and the earthworks is major work and nrw have just one contract and will start soon they will be the first then the rail will start lot of people I work with a jumping to the other company that's one the job

What there going to build 500km of new rail they can't use fmg or bhp rail network

sorry I thought I might of known there building 500 k track and John Hollands have one tender

it's propably the biggest part of the project building the rail and they will need 200 people to do that sort of job and that's the rail side

then there's all the infrastructure to be built and the earthworks I don't now what it says on the web about the project but on the ground the rail will have to start soon to build 500 k by halfway through 2015.

This is just what I now from working on the ground and as skilled rail worker they need people to start the major works of the rail won't start to start of next year but u have to start getting everything in place mobilise people

that's pritty much ready to start and the earthworks is major work and nrw have just one contract and will start soon they will be the first then the rail will start lot of people I work with a jumping to the other company that's one the job

Andrew Forrest must not mind the iron ore price he needs it to be okay cause of his debt

we have just spent the last 6 months doing a construction project for fmg and he has more plans to do more he would not keep investing he can't cause of debt unless he thinks its viable of course if the iron ore drops again like it did well that would put a spanner in the works

I'm not sure I would say that. The Olympic Dam project in South Australia had $1 billion in pre-approval investment for the long lead items & to start the pre-strip.

6 months later when the company board made the decision not to go ahead with the project.... I don't even want to think about the amount that had been spent.

Confusion rains and reigns.

Tenders are out, people are mobilised, work is happening, ground is being broken - yes. This is all called early works.

What we don't have is a firm commitment to build the mine, rail and port. Because there isn't enough cash in the kitty. Because the banks are yet to agree to provide it.

There is an expectation the cash / loan will arrive by next year but a lot of those deadlines have gone whizzing by already. I hope so but in this business nothing is certain until the cash is all there.

I reckon. I work on then FMG rail project. the BHP runs pretty much parallel with the FMG track for at least the first 200kms from port, at some points they are even a stones throw away form each other. The Roy Hill proposed rail is not going to be far away either. at certain stages of each rail there are dual tracks to allow passing but too me it would make much more sense if they all sat down together and arranged some system where they could all share and have a big loop system.

I reckon. I work on then FMG rail project. the BHP runs pretty much parallel with the FMG track for at least the first 200kms from port, at some points they are even a stones throw away form each other. The Roy Hill proposed rail is not going to be far away either. at certain stages of each rail there are dual tracks to allow passing but too me it would make much more sense if they all sat down together and arranged some system where they could all share and have a big loop system.

They tried.

FMG tried to force the issue but BHP just told them to get stuffed.

Why would you want to help a competitor? :confused:

Better to get them to stump up the couple of billion and cut into their bottom line.

Will just have to see working for the last 5 years in the pilbara I now what I think

I can see it starting up you don't start welding rail making a flash but welding yard to weld up to 500 k rail

you got be kidding me keep reading the web about whats been done fair ebough i work in the industry and they dont start welding they dont start earthworks unless tgere doing it

It's not early works preparing to build 500 k of track do you work in the pilbara are you in the industry everybody must be wrong up here if that's the case

They tried.

FMG tried to force the issue but BHP just told them to get stuffed.

Why would you want to help a competitor? :confused:

Better to get them to stump up the couple of billion and cut into their bottom line.

Yip. i think atlas, a smaller iron ore company have tried to use FMGs track but they got told the same haha. They use Road trains to get there ore i think there mining operations are too small to justify building there own rail.

Will just have to see working for the last 5 years in the pilbara I now what I think

I can see it starting up you don't start welding rail making a flash but welding yard to weld up to 500 k rail

you got be kidding me keep reading the web about whats been done fair ebough i work in the industry and they dont start welding they dont start earthworks unless tgere doing it

It's not early works preparing to build 500 k of track do you work in the pilbara are you in the industry everybody must be wrong up here if that's the case

Im not sure if your aiming that at me, i was just saying it would make more sense if they could all share one rail that made a big circuit rather than having 3 separate lines.

Yeh i know the Roy Hill project is going ahead aswell. i drive past too of there Rail Camps most days when I'm up here. all ready to go waiting for the people too move in and start construction. they are not building camps just for the fun of it :)

grammar-vader-300x230.jpg

:p

the chances of it not proceeding are slim however it is only 55mtpa

http://www.royhill.com.au/the-project.php

That's exactly the problem - new mine, huge rail and new port just for 55mtpa. That's a lot of infrastructure for not a lot of production. Doable in FMG's day at the top of the market but now it looks less sure. When you look at how much it costs Rio to bring the same extra production on stream of very good quality ore it makes you wonder how Roy Hill can compete.

I also think it's still very likely to happen but the way people are going on about it makes it sound like we are already there - we're not.

Back