WA article

I missed you Ausprop glad you are back.
I see things in Mandurah starting to move a bit. Along the beach places dont last too long.
Seen a triplex site go for under 3ook recently anything of quality near the beach is going fast but cheap. You can buy beach front for under 1 mil why not?
Had a house in our steet been on the market 2 years has now gone to cash buyer. not sure on price yet. Another 2 modern townhouses went cash too.
Lots of renos going on in my area, Silver Sands and its ripe for renos. really great are to live in as well. Nice big blocks and good location.
Did a drive about town today and there is a lot more sold and under offer signs than there has been the last 2 years. We have turned at last l believe
My 2 bobs worth for the day
cheers

EXACTLY why medians are no good at gauging the market.

Ausprop - as i said at lunch - 6x 1bedders on that.

cheers

on the contrary, I think it says a lot about the market... Nobody is saying the properties considered in the median are comparable, just the location. To me its saying there is some confidence coming back and the higher end is starting to move again.

on the contrary, I think it says a lot about the market... Nobody is saying the properties considered in the median are comparable, just the location. To me its saying there is some confidence coming back and the higher end is starting to move again.

I have to disagree Ergophobia. Mandurah has canal and beach front homes and others in normal suburbia. A median price will never give you an indication of anything realistic.

I have to disagree Ergophobia. Mandurah has canal and beach front homes and others in normal suburbia. A median price will never give you an indication of anything realistic.

we can agree to disagree :)

many people draw false conclusions from a drop in median sale values

This is especially the case in a town like mandurah with large diversity and low unemployment.

a 20% drop in the median doesnt mean the nice place on the canal is worth 20% less... to me it indicates that there is more volume at the low end of the market.

we can agree to disagree :)

many people draw false conclusions from a drop in median sale values

This is especially the case in a town like mandurah with large diversity and low unemployment.

a 20% drop in the median doesnt mean the nice place on the canal is worth 20% less... to me it indicates that there is more volume at the low end of the market.

well you hit the nail on the head there :cool:

Back