do the greens need a lesson in economics? news.com.au article

Nobody here has denied that the climate changes.
I think that is the biggest lie about climate sceptics that climate alarmists spread. The climate sceptics that I have seen don't deny the climate is changing, they question the evidence that climate change is a result of human actions or the extent that human actions have influenced climate change. Spreading false information is simply their way of discrediting a point of view they don't agree with.

I agree the "science" that supports the view that climate change is man made is very unconvincing.

The ironic thing about the evidence is that warming took place at a time when non-anthropogenic external factors would likely have produced cooling. This could have been a disaster! :eek:

Luckily, by pumping carbon into the atmosphere, we may have inadvertantly saved ourselves from distaster ;)

https://www.ipcc.ch/publications_and_data/ar4/wg1/en/ch9s9-7.html

Without greenhouses gases and the greenhouse effect, we would all be dead.

http://stanford.edu/~moore/Boon_To_Man.html

cooling. This could have been a disaster! :eek:

Agreed. Ultimately, it's global cooling that humans need to worry about.

A significantly warmer client might be uncomfortable, but we'd cope.

However an ice age will destroy most human life on the planet.

Agreed. Ultimately, it's global cooling that humans need to worry about.
That said, I don't like pollution. I don't want to end up in a city where pollution is so bad that the government has to issue pollution warnings and it isn't healthy to breathe the air.

In a way, global warming is the worst thing to ever happen to the environment. What I mean is that alarmists have completely hijacked the environment debate, turned it political and polarised the general public. No one cares about pollution anymore. It's all carbon, carbon, carbon. It's a shame that the billions that have been poured into fighting global warming wasn't poured into reducing actual pollution. No one bothered to think that carbon is actually good for plants. Catalyst ran a story where they put extra carbon into the air around nominated trees to see how they would respond to increased carbon in the atmosphere and they grew better.

You're not a skeptic, skeptics question and try to find answers. Deniers don't.
My whole counter-argument to the Alarmists is to the same extent as the Alarmists.

Alarmists are armaggeddonists (is that a word?) in their beliefs, so I like to come back at them just as hard...lots of fun.

But really; my view is this in very simple language;

1. Climate change has always been there, always will be, and always in varying degrees of not much, to a lot - in small windows and long windows of time.

2. Human haven't caused it, and cannot change it.

Just the position of the moon in the sky affects us...you reckon we have a hope of competing against that?

It's time to get real.

And, it's time to stop conning folks all over the world, time to stop making them feel guilty, or scared, and it's time to stop wasting billions of dollars to try and stop the climate changing, and the temp rising (which it hasn't in the last 2 decades).

Shut these alarmist groups up, and start directing the billions back into things we can control and that are more important; such as educating folks to keep the planet clean, educating folks about birth control, educating folks about work ethic and health, education full stop.

Put the billions into more schools, more hospitals, more doctors, nurses, police, paramedics, firefighters, helping the poor, the fight against psychotic insane Muslim terrorists and any other insane religious/non religious terrorists (are there any that aren't religious??)

Back