WA Still strong..

REIWA

Residential real estate in WA has entered a new growth phase, according to the June quarter 2005 market report by the Real Estate Institute of WA.

The real estate market in WA has not only resisted the interstate slow-down, the local market has actually stepped up a gear, said REIWA President Mr Greg Rossen.

"All sectors of the WA real estate market experienced strong growth in property values in the June quarter. The June quarter saw a coming together of positive market influences, including continuing high levels of property sales to investors and first home buyers, and increased numbers of households trading up to more expensive locations.

"In the June quarter we saw a big increase in demand for properties in the higher priced end of the market, which has been lagging the rest of the market for some time.

"However the hottest markets were outside of the Perth metropolitan area, including Albany, Augusta/Margaret River, Bunbury, Mandurah and the Pilbara.

"Local and interstate investors hungry for affordable and high yielding properties, took a strong interest in regional WA in the June quarter.

"The main indicator of State real estate values, the REIWA median price of house sales in WA, rose 5.1% to $280,000 in the June quarter. The WA median house price rose 19.1% in the full year to June.

"The median price of house sales in Perth rose by 4.2% in the June quarter to $297,000. The annual rate of growth for Perth s median house price was 16.5%.

"The median price of unit and apartment sales in Perth was $230,000 in the June quarter, which is 3.6% up on the previous quarter and 16.8% up on the previous year. The median price of inner city unit and apartment sales experienced a stronger growth rate, rising 4.9% in the quarter to $278,000.

"In regional WA the largest increase in median house prices occurred in Bunbury, rising 9.7% in the June quarter to $260,000. The annual growth rate for Bunbury was a staggering 39.8%.

"Other strong regional markets in the year to June, included Geraldton (median price $195,000 and 40% annual growth), Albany (median price $255,000 and 34% annual growth), Augusta/Margaret River (median price $366,500 and 32% annual growth), and Port Hedland (median price $287,500 and 54% annual growth).

"Land values also continued to grow in the June quarter, however the rate of growth in land values lagged behind the broader market.

"The median sale price of residential blocks of land sold in WA in the June quarter rose 2.2% to $138,000. The annual growth rate for the WA median land sale price was 16%. The Perth metropolitan median land sale price in the June quarter was $143,000 which is 10.9% up on the previous year.

"The WA real estate market continues to benefit from an exceptionally strong State economy, which is drawing in large numbers of interstate and overseas migrants.

"Western Australia also continues to offer some of the most affordable property investment opportunities in Australia.

"The are no signs of a weakening in the WA real estate market and there is enough positive momentum for the current strong rates of growth in property values to continue for the remainder of the year", said Mr Rossen.

Perth Property

Perth Property surged ahead again in the June ¼

House Prices have doubled in the last 5 years Median in 2000 was $150k, now its nearly $300k, previously it took 12 years to double from $75k in 1988

Perth still has a stock shortage and the vacancy rate has fallen 0.1% to 2.5% weekly rents are up 13% for the FY.

Median house price (not average) climbed 4.2% to $297,000.00…up 16.5% for the year.

Jane Brook and Chidlow (Chidlow 58.1% CG for FY) had the highest CG for the ¼

Cottosloe joined the $1M CLUB with the median achieving exactly $1M for the ¼

Overall WA increase of 5.1% in the Median price for the June ¼ and 19.1% for the FY.

Median Perth House Sales $297k
WA House Sales $280k
Perth Unit Sales $230k
WA land Sales $138k
Vacancy rates 2.5%
Weekly Rent $189
Av Selling Days 50 days

Other areas??

lots of info re WA, how are the other areas such as the NT, QLD and Adelaide doing..?

Suburbs of Interest to us..?

REDWING

Smoke & Mirrors

redwing said:
REIWA

"However the hottest markets were outside of the Perth metropolitan area, including Albany, Augusta/Margaret River, Bunbury, Mandurah and the Pilbara.

"In regional WA the largest increase in median house prices occurred in Bunbury, rising 9.7% in the June quarter to $260,000. The annual growth rate for Bunbury was a staggering 39.8%.

"Local and interstate investors hungry for affordable and high yielding properties, took a strong interest in regional WA in the June quarter.
Don't you believe a word of it!, its all done with smoke & mirrors, can't you see its just a ploy to get you "Eastern Staters" into spending your hard earned money over here :rolleyes:

Just let MadMurf & myself scrape, struggle & bumble along in "Ye Olde Buno", it might "really" come good one of these days......We'll let you know when it happens :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

BF :D :D

Hi BF

Are you joking or are you serious?
I am looking at bunbury , I was over there last year and thought that bunbury was such a beautiful place and I was supprised at the price of property . Thought its was cheap , but I dont really dont know anything about the area. Would like to hear your thoughts on it.

Cheers Rick

Hey Rick,

BigFella is a tease....

I'm just sad he didn't include me in the Bunno clique too :p

Do a forum search for Bunbury for further information - I wouldn't want to be seen as hijacking this thread on how great Bunbury/Eaton/Australind is...

Check this link out too for a taste of what's to come

Bunbury City Vision

Cheers
J

when I was growing up my prents always told me what a dump Bunbury was. I dont mind it personally and it is a heck of a lot closer to the city than Dunsborough

Ox Tongue

Rick Traberg said:
Hi BF

Are you joking or are you serious?
I am looking at bunbury , I was over there last year and thought that bunbury was such a beautiful place and I was supprised at the price of property . Thought its was cheap , but I dont really dont know anything about the area. Would like to hear your thoughts on it.

Cheers Rick
Hey Rick,

That was with a BIG tongue in cheek :p

I'm obviously biased, but I don't think you can go wrong with Buno.

Have a gander at this post re:Bunbury
http://www.somersoft.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20465

Regards,

BF ;)

Toad of Toad Hall

the.j said:
BigFella is a tease....

I'm just sad he didn't include me in the Bunno clique too :p
Sorry J,

I forgot you are playing in our playpen now (even though your still bending bananas) :p

BF ;)

Granted BigFella, I am not a local and haven't lived there for 50years... :rolleyes:

I am a sandgroper in exile, being an Esperance boy who worked in Kal, Busselton, Dampier... ah - I think I am in the same game :p

I needed a Bunno escape plan if the banana's went pear shaped from a Big Hairy Pom going ape ! ;)

Cheers
J

Bring It On

Hi Guys

Busy boy these days. Well what to do know.
I just had Dalyellup blocks valued :D
Block 1 IP Purchase Feb 2005 for 87K now 130K
Block 2 IP Purchased March 2005 143K now 250+ :eek:
Yes read that as March 2005 till now.
PPOR Moved in 2 months ago cost 220K valued 560K
Read the old posts. Bigfella and I have all along said that the Southwest
is the way to-go.
I believe WA will keep going till the next Australia housing boom.
Then we will really see some growth.
This place for what you get and going to get is still cheap.

Cheers

Madmurf

Dalyellup blocks valued

Wow, those are some stong prices for that area. I have not check out things there for a while. What size and location of blocks? close to the water?

What are the prices on the new releases in the area? can you still get non-prime location blocks for around 100k? If prices are pushing 125-150k mark, getting up to Mandurah prices.

Mark

cumown said:
Wow, those are some stong prices for that area. I have not check out things there for a while. What size and location of blocks? close to the water?

What are the prices on the new releases in the area? can you still get non-prime location blocks for around 100k? If prices are pushing 125-150k mark, getting up to Mandurah prices.

Mark

Hi Mark

The cheaper block is about 1k from the beach the beach block is about
300m but has or will have an outlook onto some lakes and bush.
Ocean blocks are the go. The greenies are making sure we dont see another developement located so close to the beach again around the Bunbury area.
Block size is around 650m

Cheers

Cg +

Also North of Perth is powering ahead..Yanchep etc etc...c'mon over guys the waters fine everyone's welcome..push up our CG some more ;)

REDWING

Family ties

the.j said:
Granted BigFella, I am not a local and haven't lived there for 50years... :rolleyes:

I am a sandgroper in exile, being an Esperance boy who worked in Kal, Busselton, Dampier... ah - I think I am in the same game :p

I needed a Bunno escape plan if the banana's went pear shaped from a Big Hairy Pom going ape ! ;)

Cheers
J
J Maaaaaate,

We might be related! The cooks family are from Salmon Gums/Esperance, and I used to work in Wickham (close enough to Dampier), must be a connection there somewhere with all the Westoz inbreading and likes :D
So anyways cuz, when you come back for a Buno fix, look us up and we'll talk about the good ol days :D, seriously though PM me if you do come over.

BF ;)

Back