WA Town of Vincent - potential zoning reversals

Came across the attached article in the local rag regarding Vincent potentially winding back some R80 zoning on a number of blocks, found it interesting, thought others might.

Love the journo describing developers as being like sharks circling, smelling blood. :rolleyes:

Hope the proposed changes don't adversely affect any SS forumites or their plans.

Attachments

• vincent.doc.docx
    592.6 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:
Yeah it's utterly ridiculous idea in my opinion but they are set on going forward with the concept.

It came up at council last week and there were a lot of NIMBY (Not In My Back Yard) of the grey set not wanting their little world changed.

I can see their mathmatical approach to their reasoning but previous to the 2010 zonings the R80 block was 120sqm so it is actually reverting back to what it was.

And well it's inner city!!!

It's mainly the area around Hyde Park which has a number of heritage places that they want to protect however that could be done with a good heritage policy rather than a blanket downgrade.

My sites are safe :)

John Day will bog it down.

Dezoning is a very blunt instrument and if anything will see the application for more demolitions, not less....where you once had subdividable back yard, you now dont....

Its great politics but poor policy - to be honest I expected more from Vincent, its very sad to see them apply the 'cant be bothered thinking about it' lowest common denominator approach.

Back