Walk Score

Hey All,
I might be behind the times but just stumbled across the site Walk Score (http://www.walkscore.com/cities-and-neighborhoods/) and was curious what people thought about it. Does anyone use this in their investing? For example do not buy in suburbs under a score of 50.

I have not seen it used in any marketing but could see some real value in it.

Anyway just throwing it out there :)

I do use walk score but don't have a minimum score just if I'm comparing a few properties it might come into play.

Keep in mind that the walk score is giving a number to a fairly subjective topic and as a result should be used as a quick indicator, not as a decision making tool.

Consider that being close to a school might increase the walk score significantly, but it's irrelevant to someone who's in the market for a 1 bedroom unit because they're unlikely to have children.

All of these resources (including Residex and RPData) are really useful, but they're resources that contribute to your due diligence, they don't perform your due diligence for you.

I would consider it for apartments and those kind of inner suburb areas.

But for houses on large blocks, the demographic living there usually drives and doesn't care about walk score.

I saw it in pricefinder, interesting but have been buying houses in outer suburbs so the scores are not the best.

Back