Wanted: Sydney solicitor with experience with HDT's

Hi everyone,

I did a thread title search on 'solicitor' and none of the results seemed relevant. Bit of a suprise.

Anyway, I'm after a solicitor, based in Sydney, that I can approach to help me with writing a few letters in an application for a margin loan via my hybrid discretionary trust.

Anyone know of any suitable experienced solicitors?

Thanks!

I have spoken a partner at the firm in regards to HDT's their knowledge seemed up to date and were unfazed by any qn's I asked.

Thanks for your replies.

Nick M is my accountant, I may have to return to him, but am hoping to do some legwork myself.

Ordinarily, someone with no property but wanting to leverage into the sharemarket would take out a margin loan in their own name and invest in their own name.

I want to take out a margin loan in my name, but use these proceeds to buy units in my trust, and have the trust invest the leveraged amount. So I need a solicitor to write a few letters saying that they've seen and approved the trust deeds, that they believe there is adequate security and so forth. I don't like my chances of getting this approved by the banks, but we'll see.

So anyway I was hoping there were a few suburban solicitors out there that people have used in the past rather than expensive guru's like Batten and Munro.

Scratch ABL then - they arent cheap.

But if you do find someone who knows their stuff and is well priced let me know =)

Glebe said:
wanting to leverage into the sharemarket
Just a quick comment on this: have you assessed the risks of being leveraged in the share market at this point in time?

As they say, the times, they are a changing...

GP

Back