Watching The View on a computer - can I do it?

I wonder if there is any legal way my son can watch "The View" on his computer? I have googled "The View" and when I tried to watch an episode, up popped a message that as I am outside of the US I cannot watch it.

I wonder if there is a way around this, without doing anything illegal.

It is on six nights a week, and he records them all, but has such a full social life that it is clogging our IQ box. I have tried to sweet talk him into recording it manually on the Foxtel second outlet but it means pressing a few buttons to set it up each week to record to a hard drive recorder (no IQ box downstairs), and he is causing me grief about it as it involves a few more steps than recording upstairs on the IQ. He is very savvy with this stuff, and it is simply laziness stopping him setting it up downstairs, and i have had enough of his whining!!!

He is the only one that watches it, and we don't let him hog the TV so he can only see it late at night or when nobody else wants the TV, and the other four of us are deleting our things when the IQ nears capacity. (He has 40 hours of shows that he doesn't want us to delete - things are going to change TONIGHT....)

I have had ENOUGH, and I will tell him tonight that he records it downstairs or not at all, but I wanted to see if there is any way he could see it on his computer so I can enter the fray with all the knowledge I can find to back me up.

I have been watching The Block on the laptop and was hoping there is a way for him to watch The View on his laptop.

1. Enforce quotas (X GB per person) or time limits (delete shows after Y weeks)
2. Upgrade to the Foxtel IQ2 (has 320GB)
3. Get a geek to upgrade the IQ to a bigger IDE drive

1. Enforce quotas (X GB per person) or time limits (delete shows after Y weeks)
2. Upgrade to the Foxtel IQ2 (has 320GB)
3. Get a geek to upgrade the IQ to a bigger IDE drive

1. About to tackle that one tonight.... wish me luck :D

2. I am on a contract, and could probably upgrade, but I don't plan on paying any more for a larger hard drive, because it is only this son's social life stopping him from watching what he does tape. I am paying $20 more per month for the second outlet and I paid good money for a hard drive recorder. Second son showed first son how to record (which he could work out himself) but so far it has not been used. He says he doesn't want to have to manually programme it when he can just press one button upstairs.

3. Not sure about this one, but the second box downstairs is empty because he says he doesn't know how to use it, which is not true. It is just easier upstairs.

Thanks for the answer, though. I appreciate it. Tonight could get interesting :rolleyes:.

Last edited:
shouldn't u be more concerned that ur son is not only watching but recording The View? that is truly frightening

LOL!!! That's what hubby thinks. Though, having watched a few, it is not a bad show, good topics, politics, not as "waffly" as other similar shows - at least the few I have seen.

Hubby particularly cannot stand the screechy, high-pitched American voices so even having it on when he is within hearing distance causes friction, and I get stuck in the middle :eek:.

It has to stop :).

Google IP Proxy, then use it to watch the show in question.
here is an example for you proxy4free.com.
Can get a little difficult sometimes but it will work.
While not 100% legal in a sense, you are only really hiding your ip address.

Back