Watercorp Sewer plans Wanneroo WA - how to read them!

Hi all

long time lurker and finally joined last month
this is my first post - so hi everyone!
am in the process of buying my first IP which i am hoping is subdividable at some point and have just had the plans come through from watercorp for the seweage points
can anyone shed some light on them? the sewage point is on the back of the property - but dont understand what the numbers in the oblong box means...
is this good or bad?
will be looking to split block straight down the middle
any help would be very much appreciated

Sharon

Attachments

• watercorp plan.jpg
    watercorp plan.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 219
Hi

The numbers refer to a few different things, depth to invert, distance to downstream man hole.. The oblong I'm not to sure but may be depth to your connection. Or some detail where part of the block cannot get fall to the sewer, is it a flat block?Can you zoom out so we can see what thee neighbors say

It looks like an of block to split down the middle (I'm not familiar with the area though) you'd have two small tricky blocks to work with.

There are a few options for the sewer but will mean connecting into the main on neighbouring blocks. Your current one would not be an option as the sewer would run under the house footprint

Hi Shaz331,

If i didn't understand the sewerage points/plans etc myself,my 1st action would be the providers.

Give Watercorp a call,they'll explain it too you.

Cheers Spades.

This might help. Not sure were I got it from.

Edit:
Suspect they actually refer to the inspection hole next door.

Attachments

• sewer-symbols.pdf
    344.5 KB · Views: 188
Those numbers describe the location of the closest inspection point. (the end of the line to the right of the red box.) if you are looking at house 6, they don't affect you.

From a subdivision POV, you have good options for future connections, there is an existing line to the rear (north) of the property, and another to the East, so any new lots you create should be able to connect without too much hassle.

thanks guys... after posting the question i realised they may just be distance from manhole or some such like...
all a little confusing.

another question if you guys dont mind replying to -

as the connection for the existing house comes in from the top left hand corner of the property - is this where watercorp would tap into for the subdivision?

or would i have to get permission from the neighbours on the back to access the main sewer line?

feel a little overwhelmed and maybe should have picked a house and land package for my first foray into property investing :) but opportunity to subdivide without having to wait for 'proposed' rezoning seemed like a good idea at the time :eek:

have attached a rough plan - anyone see any potential dramas?
all buildings on prop 2 are shed, carport and double carage that can be removed pretty easily...
suppose my only concern is that there is a upward slope to the driveway (not too steep) then it levels off to a nice flat area -
then have a retaining wall in the garden that would need to be taken down and re-built further back along the boundary line
and would have to remove the pool - such a shame:(

thankyou guys for all your advice in advance - have a feeling i am going to be regular around here!

Sharon

Attachments

• ideas.pdf
    364.4 KB · Views: 130
Check the councils TPS. I suspect you may have problems trying to get two street front blocks of that arrangement with those street frontages.

Whats the zoning?

Cheers

the zoning is R20
frontage is 16m
so assume it would have to be 10m for existing house minimum and other side is too small for street frontage - so would be classed as battleaxe? although doesnt look very battleaxey

as the connection for the existing house comes in from the top left hand corner of the property - is this where watercorp would tap into for the subdivision?

Most likely, no. There will be a new connection made somewhere more convenient along the line.

or would i have to get permission from the neighbours on the back to access the main sewer line?

No permission needed. There's will already be an easement in place allowing you to tap in at the most cost effective location.

Back