Website builder wanted!

Hi all

I am looking to do a simple but professional looking website for my property development company. Can anyone recommend someone in Brisbane?

Thanks in advance.

You want to pay Australian rates when you can outsource it overseas and pay one 10th of the cost?

Try elance.com

I outsource whatever I can to elance.
They can even do the copy!

Yeah, why Brisbane.

Its a global world when it comes to websites, let alone the rest.

Google up your specie needs and take it from there.

99designs.com.au
you put a spec/brief up and pay the website, designers see it and make something according to your desires. They all tweak in accordance with your feedback and then you can choose the winner.
You can get refunded if theres no winner, but since they're giving you options based on your spec I dont see how thats possible. Its sorta like a tender.

I looked into elance and odesk for my project. Theyre definitely cheaper. However you have to choose one to work with and they'll come up with designs from their own head rather than in conjunction with inspiration from fellow designers concepts. There's on a limited number of times they'll rework a concept until you're truly happy with it, too.

Thanks for your reply guys. I want someone locally so that I can just hand it over to them and get it done. I just don't have time to deal with it now but urgently need a web presence. I will definitely look at these options when I look to upgrade the site though. Thanks

Use Weebly and make your own site. It's ridiculously easy to use and you learn a new skill. I used it to make my website.

www.weebly.com

If you don't want to do it yourself, PM me and we can arrange something.

in 1999 I wanted to have a website ,rang a few of the "gun" website designers and they all quoted me about $20,000 .
after I got my jaw off the floor I asked them why so dear ,they all said that's the going price .
stuff you ,I went out and bought a basic web building program from the USA and after a few months I had a basic website to upload .wasn't easy but spending 20 grand at that time was a lot harder to do .
fast forward to 2008 .the web has exploded and you can buy and sell all sorts of things .
I searched and found a theme site that all you had to do was simply follow the instructions and change the data to suit your particular needs .
Template cost me $99 .
still use the same template and update myself as needed .
btw the hippy longhaired penis craniums that gave me the original price have since melted back into their holes and are probably "designing" election signs .
d/hds

still use the same template and update myself as needed .
btw the hippy longhaired penis craniums that gave me the original price have since melted back into their holes and are probably "designing" election signs .
d/hds

I know, right! How dare they charge market rates for their services! Unbelievable!

Contrary to your post, I would be willing to suggest that most of those designers are probably doing quite well, despite your assertion as to the placement of anatomy.

Bit wild that you've held on to that grudge for 16 years!

Hi all

I am looking to do a simple but professional looking website for my property development company. Can anyone recommend someone in Brisbane?

Thanks in advance.

Just use www.wix.com

It is very easy to use and they provide a series of templates that you literally just drag and drop text and photos in. Costs you $10 per month or some such.

Up to 25k for website.

in 1999 I wanted to have a website ,rang a few of the "gun" website designers and they all quoted me about $20,000 .
after I got my jaw off the floor I asked them why so dear ,they all said that's the going price .

I have received 2 quotes from $12,000 to $25,000 over the last 3 months.

Then the suggested additional costs of 5k per month for additional online marketing.

I require a checkout/shopping cart where the buyer can pay via credit card or paypal. I will also need to update my product catalogue on a regular basis adding photos and information.

I am not very hands on in this field but my wife is. What savings would be made if using these other suggested sites? Would like to hear of any pro's or con's.

Come to think of it all my quotes have been received via email without a face to face introduction. Can a quality website be built the same way? I am thinking yes....but just need to be sure and that I am not wasting funds and receive a dud site.

I require a checkout/shopping cart where the buyer can pay via credit card or paypal. I will also need to update my product catalogue on a regular basis adding photos and information.

I am not very hands on in this field but my wife is. What savings would be made if using these other suggested sites? Would like to hear of any pro's or con's.

Note: I have no idea what you need the site for and how professional it needs to be.

You can set up a shop using Weebly. Same as any other stuff on there, just drag and drop.

Pro's: very easy to use, looks pretty good, lots of help documents and FAQ's and things like that, they can help you set up your domain if you so desire or they will help you arrange this with your domain provider, plenty of templates and headers and whatever you can use, great online support, they really focus on making it as easy as possible for the end user. I suggested it for someones 12 year old that was looking to make a website - it really is that easy to use.

Cons: it won't look super crazily professional, you don't have face to face support (but who cares in the internet age), you need to do all the maintenance yourself, I have had issues with PDF's rendering on my site (but in my case, that is a Firefox issue, it's not my site)

Last edited:
I went through this process when we were building our own company's website. I will share my experience with you in terms of what I learned.

Stay far away from anything and anyone overseas even if they claimed they will do it for free. There are a few good reasons for this.

The first one is a website has content and in order to update your content either you need to be savvy to do it yourself or trust and know the person who has done the website for you will do it in a timely fashion (and often free of charge). Otherwise something as simple as changing a phone number will become painful.

The second is, I actually sourced a highly recommended genius out of UK to do our website. He was not from India or China or Philippines, he was an Englishman in the UK. It was pain to get this guy to do anything, due to time difference and due to other reasons.. He came highly recommended by a few people!

Most overseas people are after fast earned money with quantity based work and they will do things for free for people in other countries so they get recommendation.

They care very little on how well your website is found on google and who is your competitor in Australia and what their website looks like.

If you are technically savvy to some degree, look up Square space, it's a all in one online hosted program that allows you to build your own website and update it and it also uses very reliable servers that are almost never offline (there are a few packages like this online).

Alternatively PM me and I can recommend you people in Australia who will do the work for a very reasonable price and your dollars will fund our economy.

I know, right! How dare they charge market rates for their services! Unbelievable!

Bit wild that you've held on to that grudge for 16 years!
there are two rates in any business and 1 .for the gullible and 2 for the people that know prices

no grudge held ,just think they should have tried to make a better living as ,say ,used car salesmen or better still join a political party and try to get elected so they could try to rip off more people in a wider area.

I'd recommend Wix too - we used them for both our property website and my flute teaching website (see my sig for links to both).

Hi Jen, I had a look at your flute site and was interested in the Rates & Charges.

Quick question: Are the rates listed the ones for the gullible or for those that know their prices?

Back