websites and checklists for investigating areas and property please.

I have a few questions please.
This doesnt have to be perfect or complete
but i would be grateful if experienced people could please give me some quick checklists of steps used when investigating/buying property

also of websites/resources to use to investigate/find data
on areas and properties please.

shortcuts that save time in finding out data needed

ARe their other threads that cover the above please. I've searched but not had much luck thanks.

how do people who commute, work full time, have kids manage to go to auctions etc
I am a hard worker and good at research but a bit timepoor and inexperienced and would like some checklists, websites, and shortcuts please.

Also how can i find as much info or threads on positive cashflow properties from this forum. I've done searches and not had luck thanks.

Are their other threads that cover the above please. I've searched but not had much luck thanks.
Try this post:
http://www.somersoft.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64211

how do people who commute, work full time, have kids manage to go to auctions etc..... I am a hard worker and good at research but a bit timepoor
You either have to make the time or outsource the kid minding bit to a babysitter or you outsource the property buying bit to a buyer's agent.

Also how can i find as much info or threads on positive cashflow properties from this forum. I've done searches and not had luck thanks.
The search facility on here is lacking a bit. Try using the google search facility:
site:somersoft.com "positive cash flow" "whatever else you are looking for in quotation marks"

Im a noobie too and I have found Margaret Lomas' book "20 Must Ask Questions for Every Property Investor" invaluable. Clear, easy to understand and covers all the basics.

Thanx . For all that helpful info .
I bought heaps of good books CDs etc a few yrs ago but can find them . I hope they turn up as I do a big home clean up .

Im a noobie too and I have found Margaret Lomas' book "20 Must Ask Questions for Every Property Investor" invaluable. Clear, easy to understand and covers all the basics.

I second Margaret Lomas, various good books, 20 must ask questions is what you're asking for in a nutshell, but her other books have more detail.

Try www.yipmag.com.au - I found some checklists there.
Do you buy those investing magazines? They are bit of a read each month but I just read the bits i'm intersted in and save the rest for reference later. Good luck :)

Back