Westpac 4.99% Fixed Rate is Back

Just out that Westpac have dropped their 2 year Fixed Rates to 4.99% under the Professional Package. They have said its 'for a limited time'.

Just out that Westpac have dropped their 2 year Fixed Rates to 4.99% under the Professional Package. They have said its 'for a limited time'.

Have you got a link I can't find it on their homepage? Is CBA still beating any Fixed Rate from Big 4? So could get 4.98%? Do you feel the 3yr will come close to this if we wait a bit..

At this stage it looks like it has just been distributed via the broker channel. The rate is effective from the 7th Feb.

Is it the right time to fix? Speak to your broker and banker - get them to go through your borrowings, discuss risk and see if its the right time to fix and if it is then you also have the option of fixing a portion of the loan or the entire thing.

Regards

Shahin

I had one client call STG (discharges) and ask them to match it for 2 years and they did. He has decent sized portfolio with them so not sure if that makes a difference. What's the harm? Just call them and speak to their discharges.

Regards

Shahin

nab's 3 year fixed at 5.29 is looking good too, tho the way rates are coming down it could be above the variable 5.68 pretty quickly

Rolf I loved that 3 year 4.99%pa fixed from a few years ago - pity it was only available for a few weeks. I managed to call everyone of my Westpac clients and discuss the opportunity (or not) with them.

The thing is it may be OK for some but for others it could be an issue. BIS Shrapnel in their 2012-2015 QBE Property Outlook were indicating that with expected rate reductions that anything less than 3 years could be cost neutral.

If you are interested you can see their report here.
http://www.qbelmi.com/pg-Publications-and-Presentations.seo

Jane Slack-Smith

Just an update my Bank of Melbourne contact (St George for Victorians) just called to say they will offer 0.01% discounts off all Big 4 banks fixed and variable rates that the client is eligible for, including the 4.99% Westpac offer.

Hope this serves
Jane Slack-Smith

Just an update my Bank of Melbourne contact (St George for Victorians) just called to say they will offer 0.01% discounts off all Big 4 banks fixed and variable rates that the client is eligible for, including the 4.99% Westpac offer.

Hope this serves
Jane Slack-Smith

Good if you bank with them or are taking out a new loan. The 0.01% discount is useless if considering refinancing ;-)

I would advise anyone in that situation pay a rate lock-fee because BoM/STG take at least 90 days for a refi settlement ;)

I would advise anyone in that situation pay a rate lock-fee because BoM/STG take at least 90 days for a refi settlement ;)

u are being generous

near 270 days for my last one ............

BTWI think rate lock does have an expiry date too :)

ok, it involved 3 props but the comedy or errors is still not over with Offset accounts self delinking 3 weeks after settlement

ta
rolf

ta
rolf

The thing is it may be OK for some but for others it could be an issue. BIS Shrapnel in their 2012-2015 QBE Property Outlook were indicating that with expected rate reductions that anything less than 3 years could be cost neutral.

If you are interested you can see their report here.
http://www.qbelmi.com/pg-Publications-and-Presentations.seo

Jane Slack-Smith

I'm a bit confused by the above, QBE seem to predicting one more cut then to start rising again at the end of 2013. Wouldn't that make 4.99 lower than the variable the whole 2 years?

Back