Westpac - probation period & LMI

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone has had any luck getting around Westpacs no LMI if you're on probation rule?

Trying to get 90% lend but still on probation at the moment....have not had 2 years of constant employment in same industry either

...really dont wanna go with CBA :(

why do you want to put your square peg in a round hole?

Who helped you with the application? You would think most brokers and bankers know the lenders policy?

The issue isn't the probation per se as there are several lenders that can accommodate. The area of concern for me is the instability in the employment at a 90% LVR loan. You need to have a strategy around this - by this I mean you need other parts of your application to "score" really well. Remember the higher the LVR - the stronger your overall application needs to be.

why do you want to put your square peg in a round hole?

Who helped you with the application? You would think most brokers and bankers know the lenders policy?

I haven't applied yet but know the rule exists. I like Westpac and have most of my loans with them currently.

I haven't applied yet but know the rule exists. I like Westpac and have most of my loans with them currently.

is that really a good reason to load up your risk profile ?

Certainly not something I would encourage my clients to do, because not only do you have issues today, what do you expect to happen when u need cash out for the next equity pull.

Probably inappropriate structuring I expect, with more creedence given to convenience over risk management.

I see this all the time amongst DIY and "brokers that have no idea, but should".

ta
rolf

Back