Westpac vs CBA

With CBA... totally non-existing customer. Went to the website, typed my personal details in, passport and medicare card number in. Online account number generated and provided on the spot. Eftpos card for it was received in the post yesterday, and it came with a web address to activate it online and setup a PIN for it online. Done. Effortless.

D.T, no question, CBA is easier to deal with in almost every respect. I've got loans and accounts with both.

What scares me however, is how is CBA actually verifying the applicants identity in this example? Providing personal details and license/passport numbers is fine, but who's actually checked to make sure they belong to the person entering the information?

Massive opportunity for fraud here...

Slightly off topic but does anyone else who banks with Westpac think their online banking system is a total outdated joke?

It lacks the functionality of all the other banks I have used and looks like it's from the 90's.

Billions upon billions in profit and that is their excuse for an online banking system.

i think there update is worse now!

after having experienced Wankbests offerings this week, my WBC experience has been a dream.

Went to BW to open a term deposit for SMSF. SMSF account is with BW (not my choice). Banker does all the online app with us sitting there. Takes forever. At the end DH says he'd like to deposit money into it. Banker says well I've done the application, now I need to call Business services and get it approved and they'll give me your account number. THEN I can walk you over to the teller and put money in it, then we can come back to my office and blah blah

Seriously? They day before at WBC, I opened account, instantaneously had it, my banker transferred money into it, then out of it for me and I was on my way.

Seriously? They day before at WBC, I opened account, instantaneously had it, my banker transferred money into it, then out of it for me and I was on my way.

I had a completely different experience opening a Westpac business account. I literally stood there for an hour whilst the teller pushed buttons to open the account. Not interacting with her, just waiting...

Slightly off topic but does anyone else who banks with Westpac think their online banking system is a total outdated joke?

It lacks the functionality of all the other banks I have used and looks like it's from the 90's.

Billions upon billions in profit and that is their excuse for an online banking system.

Their online sharemarket investing one is even worse when compared to CBA or ETrade

RAMS are the ones whom I find woeful to deal with

Back