What a Day

Got to love being a landlord.

This morning alone I have received the following correspondance from my various PM's. In order of being received:

1. Sky light leaking. Cannot be repaired until it stops raining.
(Should be a simple self repair.)

2. Bedroom and loungeroom glass panels and frames damaged by flying tree branches.
(Strata issue :eek:).

3. HWS blown.
(Getting repaired today and paid for tomorrow.)

4. Tenant is not happy that the "...smoke detector makes a noise when we burn the toast. Can you please arrange to replace it with one that does not make a noise". :confused:
(PM is a friend of mine and thought I would find the tenants request amusing).

Fingers cross the remaining IP's are OK.

Last edited:
PM's response;

Dear Tenant,

All relevant maintenance has been reported and arrangements have been made to carry out repairs.

With regards to your request for a new smoke alarm - could you please replace your toaster with one that will not burn the toast??

Kind Regards,
XX

:D - Oh if only we could :).

Dear Tenant,

I have reviewed the documentation for the smoke detector and it would appear to be working normally.

We request that you read the manual for your toaster and adjust the controls or take appropriate measures to limit the amount of ionising particles being emitted from the toaster.

Reactions: Sez
Reminds me of one I had from Cairns PM ....Tenant complaining that rain enters room when the window is open. We have suggested that she close the window...but she insists she needs the fresh air ....

Chris

Reminds me of one I had from Cairns PM ....Tenant complaining that rain enters room when the window is open. We have suggested that she close the window...but she insists she needs the fresh air ....

Chris
ha ha ha ha! That beats mine - once had a tenant wanting me to report to the landlord that the outdoor front porch area got wet when it rains....... no leaks in the cover, the wind blows the water on to the porch. Please rectify....... Sure, we'll get on to it. Landlord and I had a good laugh.

Also had reports of the noise that the wind makes being annoying & door handle turns the wrong way, it is inconvenient as it should turn anti-clockwise, not clockwise as all of the other door handles in the house turn anti-clockwise.

Some people have too much time!

How's this one today.

PM emails a looooong email from the tenant complaining about flooding on the property with water running down the driveway into garage that had personal belongings in the ground. Backyard has 30cm of water.

Tenant threatens us with leaving said property if we don't stop the flooding and wants us to do something about her belongings getting wet. :confused:

Fails to mention the record rain (even more than when a cyclone goes through) and water was overflowing from the street onto the property because the amount of rain. Nothing can be done.

Told the PM to respond:

Regarding the belongings currently in water, may I suggest you lift them out of the water and contact your insurer. Regarding the amount of water on the property, may I suggest you contact the local council as the water has overflowed the street onto the property.

We had downhill neighbours try to tell us that our stormwater was undermining their stumps. What about our stumps and the six houses further up the hill. How on earth are we supposed to stop the water that simply runs down the hill?

We did check our rainwater and found the pipes complete blocked, so had the plumber dig a 1m x 1m x 1m rubble pit and run new pipes to it. He said it will silt up before too long but at least we've done our duty.

The whinging neighbours probably don't have clear stormwater pipes or a rubble pit themselves as the house is as old as ours and nowhere near as well maintained. Some people just like to have a whine.

Classic.

I was having a chat with a mate who owns a couple. He swears this is true (I don't believe him, but it's still funny).

"Hi,

Can you please contact Strata/the owner to send a letter to the resident of unit below. I had some friends over on Wednesday night and we were listening to music. He thumped on our door just now, abusing us, telling us to turn it down. It was only just past midnight. We have rights as tenants to peaceful enjoyment."

Far out. How conceited can you get?

My PM said in one of his regular inspection reports, in regards to an underbench oven: "Oven element hanging down, tenant has burnt herself several times".

My reply:
a. Oven element is held on with a spring wire clip. I wonder what happened to it? I can have a look sometime when I’m going past this week. If she’s lost it, we’ll have to order another one.
b. I can understand a person burning themselves once. Perhaps I can understand it if they forget and burn themselves a 2nd time. But what I don’t understand is why anyone would repeatedly burn themselves on the same thing?? :confused:

Mine today was tenant saying window needing fixing was making her cold. It does need a small repair but I suggested the not wearing clothes or turning on the heater or electric blanket while putting your mattress onto the floor underneath the window was probably more likely why she was cold in winter.

We had one complain that the stove and surrounding bench was getting too hot when cooking.

Didn't tell us she was boiling silverside for about 4 hours!

Of course its going to get hot......:confused:

I had the lady in the unit below my Tennant complain to my PM about my Tennant feeding the pigeons, which were crapping on her balcony. I just laughed because she complains about nothing all the time.
Now I'm off to buy my tennant some birdseed :D

My tenant complained that the hot water system wasn't working. I sent out plumber to investigate immediately. The tenant had mistaken the switch for the hot water system as the laundry light. :confused:

Back