• 41 - 50

Votes: 42 26.4%
  • 51 - 60

Votes: 18 11.3%
  • over 60

Votes: 1 0.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'd be interested to know general age groups of property investors. Are we all getting on and facing having to fund our own retirement? Or is the majority in the middle of their life's journey? I'd also like to know how many properties people have, linked to how old they are. It would be interesting to see the majority age group interested in partaking in this forum, and why.

In my fifties and have eight properties apart from own home. I started more than twenty years ago and obviously glad I did now that I am about to consider retirement, However it still a big step into the unknown and I have a mortgage to take into consideration. Hence the reason I am in the forum because surprisingly I found it easy to collect properties but I am finding it hard to let go. Perhaps don't have the necessary tools or skills to make judgements in this " new" area I am finding myself in. Should I sell some, put in superannuation etc

39 now, bought our ppor villa unit feb 2006, using the rest of the year, perhaps until jan 2008, to pay off consumer debt, then will save up a buffer for a few months, and then will be hunting for new house, most likely using equity in unit for deposit/purchase costs on a new ppor. The villa unit will become a rental. I would really like to have investments replace my working income before I'm 50.

50 and Fabulous

Own PPOR, and have 3 IPs. Only started investing 9 months ago. I am not going to miss the next property wave for anything. If it wasn't for this forum though I still would be reading more books and saying, Oh it is all too hard, but I think the internet has helped alot of people, cos if your local friends or family do not know or understand, there is always an answer on here.

Cheers

I am in my fifities and have seven Properties including my own home. I started with Ip's 10 years ago on a single income. I have had other investments but found that property has given me the greatest gain despite being an average income earner. It has taken me out of my comfort zone but also given me financial indpendence this year. I have now replaced my annual salary with rental income. It feels great and I am to keep adding to my portfolio.

Cheers

Charlotte 30

I'm in my mid-50's (although I still feel about 25 years old :cool: ), with 13 IP's. I started with IP's about 10 years ago when I realised my superannuation wasn't going to be able to support my retirement. So I stopped putting money into the self-managed super fund, and started reading everything I could find on IP's. Best decisions I ever made...and the fun....oh the fun involved in investing!:D

More property

Best decisions I ever made...and the fun....oh the fun involved in investing!:D

I am 56 and have 9 properties and a 7 figure MF. I don't want to retire, I am anyway psychologically. I will keep getting an income, and am adding to compulsory super. I can have a good time now with income and a great time when I do eventually retire with a large super payout, properties etc. I am going to keep purchasing properties and balance it with a MF.

Age 42 - Own my PPOR, started investing in IP's 4 years ago (I too wish I had started earlier....but maturity wise, I probably wasn't quite ready:p ) Currently have 4 IP holds (in my own name) and 5 on-sells (the sells are in partnership) From the profits I will be looking for more holds to add to my portfolio.

sq

Back