• 41 - 50

Votes: 42 26.4%
  • 51 - 60

Votes: 18 11.3%
  • over 60

Votes: 1 0.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm 29 (not sure if its good or bad to be in the category with the 21y.o's...seems so long ago!!). We have 2, nearly 3 IPs (to settle next month), the first bought as PPOR in 2001. We want to keep adding at least one property a year to the portfolio....fingers crossed! :)

Nadia

We're both 37, own our modest PPoR....and have 8 IP's hocked up to the eyeballs. Only looking for one or two more....

I am 28y.o with 3 IPs @ around 60%LVR, managed funds, cash and shares.

Current activities inc:

building another IP soon to be completed but undecided on whether to sell and put cash into managed funds or keep it. Very good profit and very nice house.

And just signed a contract on another block of land to line up our next project. will be settling around when the other IP is ready. The profit forecast has already been slashed since the market is a bit weird atm. Land prices keep going up but house & land package prices remain the same.

Will be turning one of our IPs into a PPOR next year.

I am 47...Rob is 43.
Have a PPOR and 6 IP's (26 units).Started almost 3 years ago.In debt up to our eyeballs as well.It is all very exciting.I will "retire" from paid workforce in 3 years. Rob's job is managing our properties.

36, but turning 37 early September. The big four-O isn't that far away now...

Ain't got much, but enjoy the company here anyway! :D

Cheers,
Michael.

just turned 45 and all of a sudden feeling old in this company - own ppor - as of last august , and now 2 ip's since then , now looking for no 3

shoodavedunityearsago

granev

28 y.o.
No PPOR yet. 25+ properties and 20 or so blocks of land (many to be converted to multi unit sites). Started 4 years ago and will be going hard for another 2 more years. Will then buy the PPOR after that.

Age 52

Retired???? about 2 years ago although some people seem to think that I retired some 8 years ago;) based on the amount of work I did.

I say retired as really found other things to do which are not directly related to earning a PAYG wage but hopefully add to my overall portfolio.

http://www.somersoft.com/forums/showpost.php?p=313237&postcount=44

Some of the things we now do in retirement (and have been doing since for ever:rolleyes:). This is four of us and was over the last 2 months

Just replaced fire doors on 16 units, organized the fitting of emergency lighting and smoke detectors in 3 stair cases, organized a 400x400 drainage channel at one property and replaced about 25sqm of footpath.

Had meeting with strata manager to organize another 16 doors etc in a block where I only own 2 units. Have offered our services for $3k which will save the strata about $3k.

Started the refit of 2 units with the plumbing due to finish tomorrow then will get bathroom re-rendered and proceed with the full fitout. These are the 2 units I started considering for multi let type rentals - just toying with this idea.

Kitchen fitted in our PPOR still in progress because of problems with blum draws. Re carpeted PPOR also a problem as two different dye lots:confused: Finished hanging doors in PPOR and bought various pieces of furniture. Shopping takes sooo much time.

Oh, and took a week of in Cairns although this didn't really warm us up!!!!

I really don't know how I ever fitted in any job:D

Cheers

28 y.o.
No PPOR yet. 25+ properties and 20 or so blocks of land (many to be converted to multi unit sites). Started 4 years ago and will be going hard for another 2 more years. Will then buy the PPOR after that.

Thats impressive oc1.well done. Is your story anywhere on this forum? It would be a good read l am sure.
Well Done
cheers yadreamin

25 and I've got nothing.

Spent my late teens and early 20's having fun, travelling etc.
Don't regret so much as just wishing I had saved even 5% of what I had earned.

This time next year I hope to be able to say I'm 26 and have at least one house..

Back