What builders are in Darwin NT

Hi,

I am currently in Sydney and am thinking of building an IP (house or Duplex) in Darwin outer suburbs.

Does anyone know what builders are located in Darwin? Do they have a website etc.

What are some good locations in Darwin and surrounds to build IP's?

Does anyone know the rental vacancy rate?

Thanks in advance.

Geoff

G'day there,

Darwin builders seem to be still very busy up here at the moment, but unfortunately I have had no dealings with them so can't recommend anyone in particular.

My wife works in property management and she reckons vacancy rates are still very low, with anything decent getting nabbed very quickly. Rents for decent properties start at about $350-380.

I live in the Palmerston area ( about 20 mins from the city) so if you want me to have a squizz at anything, just let me know.

I think there are a few other Darwinites on the forum who might be able to recommend a good / reliable builder and / or some good suburbs for you.

Cheers,
Phil :)

Hi there,

I live in Darwin and personally wouldnt recommend buying anything here right now purely because prices have topped,
I bought here in April and am now thinking it may not have been the best descision I could have made, long term [10-20 years] it should be a good investment but not for quite some time, holding costs are quite high,

Ive got a good return on my place here but am still forking out quite a bit, rates are very high here also,
Its a fact that Darwin has very good rental yields but as prices are high, its still got a way to go but is moving up in terms of rent.

I think, if you are going to invest here, you probarbly wont see any significant growth for a while because prices are still peaking and sales have dropped way off for the past few months. [ I have a friend who is an agent]

I wish I had of bought in a few years ago, there was a 124% growth jump in 2005 and big jumps in the 2 years pre seeding 05.

Darwin is growing fast and certainly does have strong growth rates predicted for the coming years as API listed this month.
Long term, Darwin will fare well but be prepared to wait a long time IMO,

Another thing that worries me is a cyclone like Tracy, if this happens again, Darwin prices will plummit and you will most likely lose out and have to hold for much longer, this is one of the reasons I just bought interstate, and to diversify and because I dont like my prospects at the moment here in Darwin.

As for vacancy rates, theyre below 1% so youre right there for sure, houses especially as there is currently a small over supply of units in the CBD. theyre going up everywhere, wherever they can put them, this ofcourse is a good sign of things to come though.

Builders are hard to come by up here, weve been waiting a year for our small buisness to be rebuilt and no good word yet..

Back