What do you Drive?

Have a good ford falcon sedan as a family car and a for a ute have a diesel land cruiser .

Could really use a much better family car but have resisted the urge so far .

I swore no more Fords and then went out and bought an FG. Got as far away from the white taxi look by going with Ego (dark grey).

This feels more roomy internally than any Ford I've previously been in.

Drives nice too.

We have an 07 Hyundai Tucson and a 12 Kia rio. Would love to replace the Hyundai with a Beemer but can't justify the house deposit price to buy one.

Hi The Y-Man, Probably a bit cryptic, should have made it muStangman.
I am Rocket on the Mustang Owners Club forum but that name was not available here.

For anybody interested in Ford Mustangs here is a Link to a long running thread about our Mustang Restoration business -

http://www.mustang.org.au/forum/index.php/topic,15537.0.html

This is my baby , a 69 Mustang Grande

Westminster, Do you have any photos of your Karmann Ghia?

muStangman:D

I am Rocket on the Mustang Owners Club forum but that name was not

Silly question! Of course I do :D

Darn it the iPad is not picture friendly. I'll put some up in a minute.

my bike and car :) Darn it, there should be more car photos but I'm in Japan and they must be in Perth. Cloud failure :)

It's a non original colour which is a blue with a pearlescant on it which changes it to green or blue depending on the light. A resto 2 owners previously did the interior, paint and engine. Runs great.

Attachments

• 399768_10151032618185544_1866276424_n.jpg
    399768_10151032618185544_1866276424_n.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_0324.jpg
    IMG_0324.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 65
I am Rocket on the Mustang Owners Club forum but that name was not available here.

For anybody interested in Ford Mustangs here is a Link to a long running thread about our Mustang Restoration business -

http://www.mustang.org.au/forum/index.php/topic,15537.0.html

This is my baby , a 69 Mustang Grande

Sigh, one day.

Westminster, Like the bike too but your Karmann Ghia is drop dead gorgeous!

Have always thought the smooth flowing rounded lines of the Karmann were way ahead of there time. The roof and window lines had a certain George Jetson look.

Had trouble viewing the photo you posted so added it to photobucket -

The colour really suits the car.

CJay, At the rate you are accumulating property I am sure you will soon be able to have all the classic cars you desire. That Beemer of yours is sweet too!

muStangman.

So question I'm dying to know - which is quicker the bike or the car? :D

Ps. I think Stangman is winning the thread....

Depends on traffic :). The car can take 40mins to work on a bad day, bike takes 35-40mins. But on a good day the car can take 20 mins.

Neither are air conditioned :p

Just picked this up from the dealership "out of the box" on Friday.

Absolutely love it and looking forward to some drifting laps around Wanneroo race track :D

Attachments

• 20140121_191445-1.jpg
    20140121_191445-1.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 103
We currently own a 2010 VW Caddy (long wheel base) and a 2006 Toyota Corolla Levin. The van is absolutely perfect for anything to do with the properties, and the Levin is a great little fuel miser. Very low kms on both.

That said, we will be selling the Levin in the next six months or so, as the other half is already investigating his own mid life crisis purchase - either an AMG A45 or the equivalent in the BMW range, he's not sure which one to go for yet. It should ease the pain (somewhat) of turning 40 this year :p

Looks like midlife crisis to me... but nothing wrong with that :D

If i had a dollar for every person that has said that I would have about $10.

if I'm having one of those then didn't notice due to having to much fun :D

Besides I'm planning on living to 120 so just over a third of the way through!

And I forgot, until I saw Myf's posts, that I also have my little green machine! Please excuse the stock photo - but this is the exact model and colour (+ accessories) of my bike. It gets a real workout in the 500m to and from the local shops :eek:

Attachments

• bike.jpg
    bike.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 40
my bike and car :) Darn it, there should be more car photos but I'm in Japan and they must be in Perth. Cloud failure :)

It's a non original colour which is a blue with a pearlescant on it which changes it to green or blue depending on the light. A resto 2 owners previously did the interior, paint and engine. Runs great.

You ride a Giant?

(Sigh) We've all made that mistake! :p

pinkboy

Back