what effects would weak or collapsed US dollar have on Australian interest rates?

As I understand things, and I am often wrong, The Reserve Bank's primary purpose is to keep inflation between 2% and 3% and it does so by raising or lowering interest rates. So, what will the inflationary effect in Australia be if the US$ collapses? We will be spending less for some imported goods, so I presume inflation reduces which in turn RBA will increase interest rates. But overall I dont think it will have much of an effect.

But then again I dont really know anything about world economics.:confused:

I have been researching this topic but cant find a definitive answer and would appriciated your thoughts or opinions on this topic.
Just don't worry about it,there is currently 307,500 resi properties for sale Australia wide,that's up 40% from this time last year,and Brisbane-Melbourne seems to be on the listings high numbers,in Brisbane alone there is 25,500-600 houses units for sale,this time last year was around 18,000 and the further you look up North the numbers get higher so i would not be too worried about the US dollars going into the dust ,more so which way the interest rates are going,and who is going into Goverment in Australia, the amount of for sale signs-lease -rent-auction that are starting to pop up in inner Brisbane would start anyone to think it may well be 1991 all over again..imho..willair..
www.sqmresearch.com.au

Back