What is a free alternative to RPdata????

Hi Folks

Want to get going on some research and as a result interested in finding out recent sales etc.

Obviously I can subscribe to RPdata but have noted some posts in the past highlighting alternatives that appeared to be free.

Beyong the free ones what is the cost of RPdata subscription these days? Looking on web site its the old enter your details and a salesman will call, hardly the sort of discussion I want to have surely they can quantify their services and provide base prices.

Cheers

Dear Mr H Andy,

If you want free RPdata - then I have developed closeish relationship with a couple of local REA's that will do it for me :) especially since I buy from them occassionally.

I also use:

www.homepriceguide.com.au

and many REA web-sites will have suburb medians published as will API magazine which publishes every month - median rentals one month and median prices the following month - alternately.

Cheers,
Aimjoy

Dear Mr H Andy,

If you want free RPdata - then I have developed closeish relationship with a couple of local REA's that will do it for me :) especially since I buy from them occassionally.

Cheers,
Aimjoy

The alternative along that lines , if you have a working relationship with a mortage broker . Some will have access.

See Change

Thanks all for the suggestions.

I have secured access to RPdata for the area I am interested in.

I used to have access to Rpdata which gave me access to the whole state, unfortunately they must have changed their password or dropped their subsription and it would no longer work.

Cheers

I wonder if it wouldn't make sense for this forum (or a small portion of it) to somehow purchase Australia-wide access to RP Data? Think how cheap it would be per person (perhaps 10c or so a year). I work for an REA, with access to 3 council areas, and it costs less than $90 a month (which really is a pittance for what you get).

If you are looking around the Canberra, Southern Highlands, Wollongong or NSW South Coast the following link is excellent. It not only gives you the recent listings but complete sale history for a property and the street, measurements of the block, DP numbers etc. For example we were looking for a block of land and knew how much they paid for the block when they bought it 4 years previously and also that someone had land banked at the time of subdivision, we knew straight away who it was, (a retired man who builds homes to a certain standard and sells them, he does 2 per year and makes a quick $120k each on them, this is obvious by studying this site). They are planning on expanding to include more areas in the future.

http://allhomes.com.au/c/ah?a=ss
Kate

Allhomes is an awesome site. Though I suspect that a part of the reason they were able to get such a content rich site was through a partnership with the ACT government. I'm not sure that other governments would be willing to provide such an information content.

This may seem like a very stupid question but I ahve been searching the forum trying to find the answer and can't seem to locate it. This is a general forum question and I have used this thread because it has the tag I am talking about. On the forum thread page there are symbols, some have a thumtack type icon and I know that means attachment. This thread and a couple of others also have another picture and I can't quite work out what it is and what it means. Can anyone assist?
Kate

G'day Kate,
Kate Peters said:
some have a thumtack type icon and I know that means attachment.
Yes, this is a "sticky" post that always shows at the top of any forum. Since this forum type uses the "latest post" as the first on the page, a "sticky" is used to ALWAYS be at the top (they usually include info that we believe everybody should read).

Kate Peters said:
This thread and a couple of others also have another picture and I can't quite work out what it is and what it means.
If you move the cursor over top, all will be revealed. It signifies a rubbish bin - and (in this case) 1 post has been deleted from within the thread.

Actually, try a bit of experimenting with the forum. Move your cursor over anything and everything - you'll learn heaps !! :D

Regards,

Thank you Les, I was obviously being too impatient and moving off the icon too soon. I really like this feature of rolling over the thread to see if you have an interest in the topic before clicking on it.
Kate

Back