What is an investor personality type?

The Y-man:
Just spent the weekend at a seminar talking about this stuff - absolutely mind blowing.

Although the web version put me as an ISTJ (admittedly with the T as 1), the long form of the MB test placed me (more definitively) as an ISFJ.

FYI, according to my seminar notes, INTJ's are: systematic money making machines, for whom winning is the ONLY alternative no wonder..
Y-man was that a property investing seminar or some kind of other?

It is very interesting; just reading up on the internet information available about the INTJ's they make up 1% of the population?? Did your notes get that figure too?

So, (I'm trying to figure this all out), and it's very much flying by the a.o.m.p's...a very small part of the population become investors, and of those investors there may possibly be a correlation between personality type and investing...and it just so happens those personality types perhaps...perhaps are predisposed to investing -just happen to be the minority of the personality types?

The rarest of the rare?

The ESFP's, the INFP's and the ENFP's are (according to this thread) least represented....I'm a stumble-into-investing for sure; and you know what, the journey of stuff is far more interesting than the end light of the tunnel.

Of course there is the goal of financial independence, but I am over the moon at the people I've met and things I've learnt, I love all this.

Could be really something in all this Y-man...people are just so damn interesting.:)

I wonder if this goes toward some way of the robust discussions:) that can be had on this/other? forums about investing, such strong personality types (again; going by my research on internet).

I just might get a handle on all this yet.:p

Natmarie73:
I found the career choices interesting. I have studied IT and quite like database programming, would love a career in natural sciences such as geology and have thought about studying a proper law degree. I have no desire to be a manager though - I can't even cope with organising group assignments at uni!

Hmmm, Nat, but what if you might be really good at managing other stuff in your life, I dunno, um, maybe finances, personal life, hobbies....??

What if it means *of some areas*....I know absolutely nothing! about database programming, but would it include an innate-sort-of-type management skill?

Chrispy, JamesGG and Shonnie are my personality type love matches !!:p

I think we should all go on a group date and see what happens.

Actually, this has given me an idea, a new reality tv series, matchmake people by type personality!!! Mix the I's and E's and F's and T's and N's, S's and P's!!!

The J's will be banned, they are just gunna can us anyway.

Last edited:
The Y-man:
Y-man was that a property investing seminar or some kind of other?

It was a personal development seminar, run by Jornada / Peter Spann called "Pathway to Purpose".

http://www.jornada.com.au/component/option,com_extcalendar/Itemid,45/extmode,view/extid,57/

The main content of the seminar was to discover your personality (one tool is the Myer Briggs), which point to your passions, which point to your Purpose.

A particular group that was discussed at length was INFP for 2 reasons:

1. in the seminar, there was an unusually high percentage of participants who identified themselves in this group

2. it would be more difficult for this group to find fulfilment in a capitalist/western society world (I probably have not expressed this well - I will PM you).

This of course assumes the analysis was correct (if you are really interested, do the full 93 question test - needs to be administered by a professional - or go to the seminar next time it is held :))

So, (I'm trying to figure this all out), and it's very much flying by the a.o.m.p's...a very small part of the population become investors, and of those investors there may possibly be a correlation between personality type and investing...and it just so happens those personality types perhaps...perhaps are predisposed to investing -just happen to be the minority of the personality types?

This was the big sub-theme in the seminar - the number one income producing activities associated with your personality

There are personalities which are suited to buy/holds, others to trading, etc

...I'm a stumble-into-investing for sure; and you know what, the journey of stuff is far more interesting than the end light of the tunnel.

It is interesting that you used this word, as the seminar was the final in a series of three, called "The Journey Trilogy": The Quest, Life Compass, and Pathway to Purpose.

Cheers,

The Y-man

Last edited:
I got this:

Your Type is
ESTJ

Extraverted Sensing Thinking Judging
Strength of the preferences %
56 38 75 22

Occupations attracting ESTJs include teaching, coaching, banking, political office, and management at all levels.

I like teaching and am wanting to get into management :) Interesting!

The Y-man:
A particular group that was discussed at length was INFP for 2 reasons:

1. in the seminar, there was an unusually high percentage of participants who identified themselves in this group

2. it would be more difficult for this group to find fulfilment in a capitalist/western society world (I probably have not expressed this well - I will PM you).

I understand completely why they would be attending the personal development seminar..(the INFP's), and I totally agree with point 2-you expressed it very well.

The difficulty can be managed though; there is a way around to fulfilment, that takes as much work as any other work I have ever undertaken.

Thanks for the link I will get into this; it's food for my brain. :)

Your a sweetie.

Back