What is the cost to set up a transportable home?

My parents have a vacant block on the edge of a marina. I was thinking of putting a transportable house on there to create most likeley what will be a +ve cashflow property.

Block was bought several years ago for 25k
Currently valued at 60k

I was wondering what the costs would be to set up transportable house in terms of water, sewage, council fees etc...

House would probably cost about 80k?
Set up costs 20k?

am I on the right track or are my estimates too low?

Thanks
George

I would suggest way too low. 2 years ago the freight alone from Perht to Karratha was $30k, that's probably now $60k. the homes are now about $200k but they are cyclonic, probably about $170k standard? I would allow at least $200k?? just call a builder and ask for their price list and freight charges. on top of that drop $30k or so (varies greatly depending on what you want to do on site e.g extent of concreting around edge etc

let us know what your enquiries uncover, it will be interesting to compare... all construction in SA seems substantially cheaper.

I'm doing one in Tassie at the moment as an IP. House cost $135k including floor coverings, oven, hot plates, showers, laundry trough etc. Estimating finished cost at 160 to 170k. The house is built in 3 sections the kitchen/lounge at 10800mm x 4350mm the 3 bedrooms 2 bathrooms & laundry at 13950mm x 4350mm and the entrance section being about 4350 mm square.
I am able to keep transport costs down though as have worked in that area over the years.

Cheers:)

Back