Votes: 19 11.7%
  • >2million

Votes: 16 9.8%
  • >5 million

Votes: 12 7.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hiya

In these interesting and uncertain times, i thought it might be a good time to post a poll. I remember we had a similar post last year and this would be good way to keep track.....

Remember NET WORTH = All Assets (including PPOR, IPs, super,shares, other investments)-All Liabilities (Mortgages, Loans etc)

It is not Gross value of your properties.

I'm sitting at $400,000-$500,000 currently.
It seems low when I hear it, but seeming I started 4 years ago with $30,000 it's a 1350% return on my deposit. Thats 340% per annum growth. Maybe around 320% after holding costs. Where else can you find that ey? It's around 30% growth on the assett base.

At an average rate of 5% my net worth is set to climb at $70,000 a year, and 7-10% will bring in $100,000-160,000. Plus whatever taxable income I receive throughout that timeframe. So doing quite well I think and set for financial freedom in the not too distant future.

I thought there would be quite a few with networth more than $2m....where are the heavy hitters???:p

Has the GFC sunk them? ;)

Anyway.....good post Virgo....will be interested to see where this post gets to.

I thought there would be quite a few with networth more than $2m....where are the heavy hitters???:p

Has the GFC sunk them? ;)

Anyway.....good post Virgo....will be interested to see where this post gets to.

Perhaps not everyone responded yet :confused: Not that everyone does end either

Circa 200k not including super. Also depends on moment of share market as well.

Not to bad considering i started with 30k in 2008, majority has come from mini spike in syd market during 2009-10

Depends on what I want it to be.

To the tax man <100k
To the banks >$2mil
In reality, somewhere between the two. :D

To me I have never had a goal of having millions, so I dont really keep track of it. All my goals revolve around having large volumes of disposable income.
So to me, an asset is only worth the cash it generates (as that is what I plan on retiring on).

Blacky

It's hard to believe that anyone would state what their net worth is on a public forum.

That would be me you're talking about ?

Don't worry about it it's all lies I tell ya

I have $7 for dinner to my name and that's it

Mr Michael Smith
Unit 11, 1 One Street
At a town near you

Last edited:
It's hard to believe that anyone would state what their net worth is on a public forum.

maybe if you use your real name. but for those who don't it doesn't matter. Google me and the first 5000 pages are about Australia's first prime minister.

i would never disclose anything that could identify me in a public forum. too many nut jobs out there.

~ 3.4 in property (although this is a stab in the dark as I've never had them revalued)
~ 3 in equities and cash at bank

maybe if you use your real name. but for those who don't it doesn't matter. Google me and the first 5000 pages are about Australia's first prime minister.

i would never disclose anything that could identify me in a public forum. too many nut jobs out there.

~ 3.4 in property (although this is a stab in the dark as I've never had them revalued)
~ 3 in equities and cash at bank

Brilliant! :)

With our AUD so high Aussies should just be taking over the world buying real estate overseas just like the Japanese did in the 1980s

That worked out well for those Japanese who bought around Cairns, didn't it? A giant wealth transfer and it was the locals who had the last laugh.

Back