Votes: 15 11.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
My plans are:
  • Purchasing two more properties in Mining towns
  • Beginning first renovation
  • Liquidating some shares to pay off debt
  • Acquiring first development site
  • Of course educating myself more and more - forums/magazines/books/seminars etc.

Thanks, America looks like good value compared to Aus.

Be very careful as what may be cheap may be just that cheap. And what may appear cheap may also have a specific reason or not be to a local.

The key is buying below market value and the numbers working.

Some scarey things could make US properties unprofitable such as collapse of US dollar and rise of AUD however the opposite would be benificial. You need to have bets hedged.

Sorry what is Penta-Million

With 6IP's surely you are above 1mill in gross assets.

If i'm to jump back into shares it would be probably via a LIC or ETF and dollar cost average a fixed amount each month into it Eg. between 10-25k.

I'm personally thinking of buying another IP in NSW reno/add value.
But the problem is that it will increase my land tax liability from between 2.5k -3k P.A

Penta = 5

As in Pentagon, pentathlon

Ticked RIP next 6 months as we are due to settle on IP3 in December.

Also ticked shares next 12 months, as the plan is to sit tight on our properties for a while, pay down on PPOR further, go on a big Europe trip next year - woohoo :) - whilst continuing to consistently contribute to our share portfolio.

I'm right now looking to buy my first PPOR, in Melbourne, which will be my 6th residential property (in 6 years, hopefully!).

What areas are you looking at JIT? Good time to be a buyer in Melbourne.

Aiming to reach my first penta-million in gross assets within 2 years time.

Wow that's a great achievement - has most of it been through RIP (ie. last 6 years), or do you have substantial investments in other asset classes too?

Hrmmm the data is a tad confusing. The forum has definatly had a bearish tinge to it in the past few weeks, Yet investors are still looking to purchase in the near term.

I'm starting to look @ property deals again. I haven't been doing this for awhile so abit rusty. Rather then just purely focused on yield, im hunting for good locations in my choosen areas

Launching a business that I've been working on for the past 12 months. Investing money and time into that instead of shares in other peoples' businesses.

Not rushing into any new RIPs, but putting a few stupidly low offers out there and will see if I can find a very motivated vendor while there is some nice uncertainty in the market at present. For the right deal, I have the equity lined up and will pounce, otherwise, no rush. Meanwhile my most recent RIP is performing strongly despite the widespread cool down.

I voted other. I am intending to do nothing except increase my rents.

Just increased a place from $275 to $295 per week.

I voted other. I am intending to do nothing except increase my rents.

Just increased a place from $275 to $295 per week.

When 2 tenants move on, which I think is reasonablyl shortly, I hope to be able to do that too, and keep learning .....

I'm more bullish on 2011 than any other year.

Currently drawing down Equity. Just purchased second property with GF which will shortly become our PPOR.

Business on the side of full time work will be complete early 2011, the income from this biz will allow me to hold $1mill + in debt (including rents) nice and easy as i keep accumulating over the next 12 months.

Hoping to buy 2 IP's in 2011 to get me to 3 IP's in total plus PPOR.

And throw in some shares too.

My prediction is for 20% + plus gains per annum over the next 2 years for the asx 200.

I'm planning for 2020. 39 and semi retired.

Sweet.

Hopefully sooner but we'll see how we go. ;p

Just bought a block of land in the burbs and about to build on it. Should make around 50K minimum on it and then use that to buy something in the east. I can see prices already dropping on the coast and would like to buy something sub 1mil as a future PPR for when we're ready to take it easy in a few years.

Just paid 10% deposit for a OTP townhouse in Melb, settling sometime in April. Also doing covered calls month to month.

Hope to be able to increase rent for my first IP here in Sydney when the contract expires in April 2011 :D

I hate to be a party pooper but this poll might not tell us what it intends to tell. For example I notice that way more people intend to buy resi than commercial, but I would've thought that's normal.

Is that what we want to know, or do we want to know how people will change their strategy. ie Are you More/Less incline toward resi over the next 6 mnths?

Be very careful as what may be cheap may be just that cheap. And what may appear cheap may also have a specific reason or not be to a local.

The key is buying below market value and the numbers working.

Some scarey things could make US properties unprofitable such as collapse of US dollar and rise of AUD however the opposite would be benificial. You need to have bets hedged.

I won't be purchasing in America (way too scarey for me). I'm just watching.

About to exchange on an OTP purchase in Canberra. Development to be completed in June 2012. That'll be it for me for a while....but I've said that before.

Shotguns and canned food... the end is nigh

Seriously though, resi IP for 12months... parents are currently looking for CF+ IP in outerish west melb, probably Werribee. With a large deposit in tow 40%+ I think they can do it easily. Vendors are taking offers as well so decent time to buy. Haven’t worked out the math yet but seems like a sound, low risk strat.

Back